SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Since no one else will say it, I will. The Beatles sucked and so does dry wine.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Since no one else will say it, I will. The Beatles sucked and so does dry wine. Login/Join 
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Oh, I've said it before and been mercilessly criticized for my opinion. I've never cared for them or their bubble-gum crap tunes. The ONLY song that is even remotely tolerable, and only with a snootfull of booze in a crowded bar, is Revolution. Other than that, you can have them. I don't care how many groups they supposedly inspired, or what "musical geniuses" they supposedly were. I vehemently disagree with both assertions.

They suck. And so does, by the way, all wine. Not just the dry stuff. Wink

We are all different I guess. Frankly I think, as does most of the World , that the were musical geniuses. I believe they published nearly or right at 300 songs.

I can somewhat relate to your opinion as I truly hate Country Western music. Oh My God! Listening is torture. It all sounds the same.
How anyone can tolerate it, much less ENJOY it astounds me. YET....I like a lot of Willie Nelsons stuff.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
They’ve never peaked my interest. I like the Rolling Stones though, and Pink Floyd is one of my favorite bands. I’m 35.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
McCartney has said he was inspired by Buddy Holly. Their early music sounds a hell of a lot like Buddy’s.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
I'm 68 and if I never heasrd the Beatles again it would be fine with me!
I like lots of the 60s music but some groups/performers are way over played.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Don't even think about the Beatles... enjoyed some of their movies, when I was small.

In all these years, have never ever lost my excitement about The Who !

Francis Coppola Claret is quite pleasant to enjoy :P

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I never was much of a Beatles fan, but mostly due to this thread, I’ve been listening through much of their catalog. I’m finding songs like “Help!”, “Let It Be”, and “In My Life” to be quite enjoyable.

I certainly don’t see the need for any Beatles hating. I plan on seeing Yesterday in the theatre. Heck, I’d love to see anything in a theatre that doesn’t have anything to do with Marvel. But I digress, yes I’m enjoying the Beatles.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bjor13
posted Hide Post
Have you tried them together?

Posts: 1017 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Don't even think about the Beatles... enjoyed some of their movies, when I was small.

Are you and I twins? May need DNA test.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
quote:

triplets, we may be

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
quote:

triplets, we may be

Well, was raised as an only child, so it is entirely possible that we were separated at birth, is it not?

Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked the beetles quite a bit. I wore out a few records and 8 tracks. I was never much of an audiophile. The beetles were among the music that I did enjoy, however.

I overdosed on them a bit, and prefer htem sparingly today.

Lenon was a distinct loss, in my opinion, as was John Denver. Both still make me sad.

I don't drink, and never have.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1964, first slow dance and the song was, “ If I Fell.” Never forgot that dance, the song & always liked The Beatles as well as the Stones. I could just have their music and be happy.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
1964, first slow dance and the song was, “ If I Fell.” Never forgot that dance...

What a great memory, my favorite comment in this thread. Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
after giving it some thought,

when you listen to the male singers from 1955 to 1965 and compare them to the Beatles.

none of the beatles had wonderful voices , not even close to very very good voices.

but their ability to use what they had with each other , was miraculous

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post