SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Since no one else will say it, I will. The Beatles sucked and so does dry wine.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Since no one else will say it, I will. The Beatles sucked and so does dry wine. Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’ve never liked wine or the Beatles. *shrug*

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
My opinion as well of 99% of Country music and beer/wine..ALL of it. Yuck.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
The beatles are hot garbage, but they where funny when interviewed.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

the influence that The Beatles . . . had on music is incalculable.

To say they “sucked” is an ignorant statement.
Nah, not "ignorant statement." It's an opinion. Everybody is entitled to one.

Considering the title of this thread, I probably never should’ve even stepped in it. But anyone who has even mildly studied the influence of the Beatles on music throughout the decades, could never in good conscience say that they “sucked“.

Hate them, dislike them, say they’re the worst band you’ve ever heard. Cool. But saying the Beatles as a whole, “Sucked” is just a very inaccurate statement.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Not quite sucked, but overrated. I like a few songs, for example, "A Day in the Life," but others like "Hey Jude" are shit. I'll leave the wine to the oenophiles.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
There's not a single Beatles song I really like, and I downright couldn't/can't stand John Lennon.

And dry wine is a perfectly good waste of a grape.
. Well I have good news for you, Wu-tang Clan will be performing at Simpsonville SC on June 7, certainly not bubblegum music and I bet you’re a Big Fan.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
There's not a single Beatles song I really like, and I downright couldn't/can't stand John Lennon.

And dry wine is a perfectly good waste of a grape.
. Well I have good news for you, Wu-tang Clan will be performing at Simpsonville SC on June 7, certainly not bubblegum music and I bet you’re a Big Fan.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
The title of your post says it all. Your taste is all in your mouth.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well I have good news for you, Wu-tang Clan

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Pharma Bro Music!!! Sadly I do not believe Martin is attending.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Considering the title of this thread, I probably never should’ve even stepped in it. But anyone who has even mildly studied the influence of the Beatles on music throughout the decades, could never in good conscience say that they “sucked“.

Hate them, dislike them, say they’re the worst band you’ve ever heard. Cool. But saying the Beatles as a whole, “Sucked” is just a very inaccurate statement.
The whole discussion is subjective, so I'm gonna stick with "opinion." Different people, different opinions. Note that I'm not making any statement as to which opinion is correct, even though mine is right and anybody who disagrees with it is a jerk. Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Fair enough. I am 45 and I cannot stand them. Or the dipshit peace and love (but not really)or revolutionary (communist loving) nonsense that mind rotted too many doe eyed fans.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Paul McCarty said "If it wasn't for the Buddy Holly and the Crickets there wouldn't be the Beatles." A lot of the stuff they played in Liverpool before coming to the US were Buddy Holly songs.

But I'll admit, they did excel in one area - looking weird in their day. In their time, they were the best at it.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
But I'll admit, they did excel in one area - looking weird in their day. In their time, they were the best at it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hardly. Explore some of the groups in that time. You ever watch the Janis Joplin interview? The Beatles were very conventional. It is hard to understand if you were a preschooler or not even born. Their look changed with Sgt Pepper. Maybe you need to watch some films of Woodstock or catch a young Jack Nicholson in Easy Rider. Even Ed Sullivan liked them. Nice boys with mop head haircuts or something to that effect. Ed hated the Stones.

You never did answer what groups you like. The guess someone had was WuTang Clan, but I do not think that is correct.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:

There are only so many ways to put together C, G, and D chords, and add a few drum beats in. I'm an intermediate (at best) player and I can do it.

To think that none of the amazing music made since the early 60's would have been made without the influence of the Beatles, I think, is an ignorant statement.

They were pop stars. Famous because they were the first of their kind, young, cute, and mediocre musicians. Just a little more popular than the Monkees who were much better IMO. The Taylor Swifts of their day if you will.

There are musical geniuses who have created works of art that will live on for hundreds of years if not more. Yellow Submarine ain't on that list.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
^ ^ ^ ^ Gustofer is correct, IMHO.

Mediocre musicians at best. None of them could even read musical notation!

I'm with Ben Shapiro (an excellent amateur violinist) on this. This vid is ~10min. Please watch it and watch it with an open mind:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/Ej0NBRwht-w

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
So you're saying that The Beatles ripped off their name from The Crickets? Why, because they're both insects? I guess the Eagles ripped off their name from the Byrds, and the Byrds and the Yardbirds ripped off their names from Charlie Parker.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by houndawg:
So you're saying that The Beatles ripped off their name from The Crickets? Why, because they're both insects? I guess the Eagles ripped off their name from the Byrds, and the Byrds and the Yardbirds ripped off their names from Charlie Parker.

Blatant rip-off, no. But it speaks to their unoriginality. The very heavy influence of Buddy Holly and the Crickets is without question. Even Paul McCartney acknowledges it. The Beatles cut their teeth playing Holly.

The Beatles are the dry-wine of the music world. Too many people think that if you have any discernment at all and you like any kind of wine, then you must like dry-wine. You must, its a requirement. After all, it's the pinnacle of all wines. So to with the Beatles. If you like pop or rock, then you not only have to like the Beatles, but acknowledge them as the founders of modern rock. I say horseshit on both accounts.

Dry-wine tastes like dog-piss strained through a dirty sock. And the Beatles sound like that process.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Beatles: I don’t much like their performances, but I enjoy some of their tunes transcribed for orchestra. E.g., “Penny Lane”.

Dry wine: I mostly agree with you there. For wine, I usually drink Dow’s 10 yo Tawny Port. I used to buy Taylor Fladgate 10 yo Tawny Port too, but I’ve had a few bottles that were slightly off over the past year.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
I was a senior in high school when the Beatles hit the scene. I hated them, but the girls loved them so we listened to them.

My favorite wine is dry very bold red wine.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sinatra called “Something” "the greatest love song of the past 50 years." He was also known to mistakenly introduce it in live performances as his favorite Lennon & McCartney song, even though it was written by George Harrison.”

“Without Carl Perkins, there would be no Beatles.” Paul McCartney

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post