SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Virtue Signaling and the Home
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virtue Signaling and the Home Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted
I live not far from a very far-left lunatic asylum, the town of Herndon, VA.

For years, it was known that Herndon was on the map illegal immigrants would follow on their "underground railroad" to the great welfare basket in "Norteamérica." It is illegal for any Virginia community to declare itself a sanctuary, but Herndon has been a de facto sanctuary city for years. Last month, Fairfax County, Virginia, which borders Herndon, cancelled an Integovernmental Service Agreement with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and will no longer hold undocumented immigrants past their release date unless there is an administrative request from ICE via criminal detainer issued by a court.

Right around the time Donald Trump assumed the presidency, yard signs popped up and down the center street of the town proclaiming "Hate Has No Home Here" and "Love Lives Here."

These signs make me sick. I'd wager the only illegal immigrant any of these homeowners would allow in their stately homes would be maids, cooks and gardeners.

This to me, is the most egregious form of virtue signaling.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gasche
posted Hide Post
Have you considered knocking on the door and asking for some love? If they refuse, call them racist.

Posts: 748 | Location: Western Washington AC | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
My son lives in Oak Park, IL and these signs are all over his neighborhood.

One night I "borrowed" one of them and put it in front of his house. The next morning I'm pulling out of the garage and that sign was in front of my house! Big Grin

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Apparently they believe that incessant public proclaimations of their perceived moral superiority will mystically cure the world’s ills.

I doubt I’m alone in being troubled with the logic involved in; “I’m not a racist or a bully because I’m better than you.”

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
When I see those signs all I think is a looney lefty lives there.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
When I see those signs all I think is a looney lefty lives there.

Yep. If I was a bad guy I'd be thinking "That's a gun free zone. Let's go!"

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Post signs in Spanish at the Chantilly VA Walmart that these homes are open for free stays.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Those signs are all over my neighborhood. My wife wants to annotate them to say "Unless of course you are a conservative, or a Trump supporter. We have plenty of hate for you".

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MitchbSC:
Post signs in Spanish at the Chantilly VA Walmart that these homes are open for free stays.

This is brilliant, no need for free, just slightly below market with very low security deposit. Also hit up the Sterling Walmart as its about equidistant to Herndon as Chantilly is.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes

"The project began in 2016 in the North Park neighborhood in Chicago, IL with a group of neighbors unaffiliated with any political party or candidate, seeking to establish their community as a safe place for all who live or visit there. The community is anchored by a neighborhood school, where more than 40 languages are spoken and the diverse student body reflects the cultural, religious, ethnic, and racial diversity of the neighborhood. Two students, a 3rd grader and a kindergartener, devised the message and a graphic designer in the neighborhood developed the artwork.'

Wow, you can get the message in 40 different languages!

source

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
Roll Eyes

"The project began in 2016 in the North Park neighborhood in Chicago, IL with a group of neighbors unaffiliated with any political party or candidate, seeking to establish their community as a safe place for all who live or visit there. The community is anchored by a neighborhood school, where more than 40 languages are spoken and the diverse student body reflects the cultural, religious, ethnic, and racial diversity of the neighborhood. Two students, a 3rd grader and a kindergartener, devised the message and a graphic designer in the neighborhood developed the artwork.'

Wow, you can get the message in 40 different languages!

source

3rd grader and Kindergarten kid? Sounds like horse pooky to me.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Recycling tubs are virtue signaling.

That is virtue advertising or virtue bragging.

Assholes. Even if they weren't a bunch of lefties, they are still assholes.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any one else ever have the urge to walk in to one of these houses, raid the fridge, take a crap on the floor, plop in front of the TV, and scratch themselves?

After a few minutes ask "Do you hate me yet?"

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Make a few stickers that say "aquí tienes tu casa" (is this correct translation?) and slap them on these signs.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is one I see that says "no matter where your from we are glad to call you neighbor". Its written in English, Spanish and what I would guess is Arabic.

The ironic part is they live on a nice street in a nice neighborhood that is 98% white.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MitchbSC:

Big Grin Big Grin I haven't been to the town center for some time. Herndon also has its own Police force.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Where have I seen that Stars and Stripes distortions before?

Yes Obama for America

http://www.artofobama.com/2008...he-origina/original/

Posts: 2770 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post