SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    New Car Rear Ended. 45 days old! Genesis G80
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Car Rear Ended. 45 days old! Genesis G80 Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted
Just picked up a 2017 Genesis G80. Brand new to me. Only has 17K miles on it.

Freaking guy not paying attention plowed into my rear end. Trunk won't stay closed now. I'm so fucking annoyed right now.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8837 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I cringe every time someone stops short on me and I have to brake. People fiddlefucking with their phones or radios never seem to notice until the last second and come to a screeching halt so close I'd probably hit them if I put my vehicle in park and let it roll back without setting a park brake. Fuck every last one of those people with a red hot poker....sideways! Mad

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
If it had been a G80 behind you, the auto emergency braking would have engaged and avoided the accident.

I'm at 75K on a 2015 Hyundai Genesis. I'll get a AWD G80 Sport in a year or two...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear, infuriating for sure.

I looked at a few Genesis/G80 when I was shopping & really liked it. Only one I found that I was really interested in was a Genesis Ultimate, but it was AWD & took a large MPG hit for it.

My first accident, when I was 16, totalled my 82 Mercedes 240D, light rain & slowing for a changing light, F150 behind me with a trailer full of fireworks hit the brakes & slid into me at a roughly 40mph differential. Folded the trunk in half, but you could still open/close the back doors. Car was a tank.

Hope yours gets repaired quickly & with ease.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P250UA5,

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Auto emergency breaking systems are great for people who are too fucking stupid to put down the cell phone then slow down and stop at an intersection.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear you were rear ended.

I see a lot of Genesis G80’s around Alpharetta and John’s Creek.

Posts: 1053 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Let me know when you get rear ended twice in a week.

First time my daughter was in the car with me and we stop at a red light. The guy behind me also stops. About 30 seconds later, POW! My daughter askes "What was that?" and I told her we just got read ended. The light was still red, but for whatever reason the guy who had stopped behind me ran into me. We both pull off on a frontage road, he apologizes immediately, gives me his info, and driver's license to verify. There wasn't any damage, so tbat was that.

The second time, I'm in the McDonald's drive thru and woman behind me nails me while placing her order. I get out and she immediately goes into defensive, entitled, bitch mode. No apology what so ever. Luckily, again no damage.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

she immediately goes into defensive, entitled, bitch mode.
What, you didn't have severe back pains?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Let me know when you get rear ended twice in a week.

First time my daughter was in the car with me and we stop at a red light. The guy behind me also stops. About 30 seconds later, POW! My daughter askes "What was that?" and I told her we just got read ended. The light was still red, but for whatever reason the guy who had stopped behind me ran into me. We both pull off on a frontage road, he apologizes immediately, gives me his info, and driver's license to verify. There wasn't any damage, so tbat was that.

The second time, I'm in the McDonald's drive thru and woman behind me nails me while placing her order. I get out and she immediately goes into defensive, entitled, bitch mode. No apology what so ever. Luckily, again no damage.

Been there - done that. Was at dead stop on the highway in traffic with a light rain. Look in the rearview and "boom". Dumb ass in a bright red Dodge Avenger beating on his dashboard after hitting me. The special touch, his license plate, STUD2.

Next week was at a dead stop at a red light. "Boom". A trash truck rear ended me and he said his air brakes slipped.

Back to the OP. Sorry to hear about your wreck. Hopefully you have an easy to match paint color and best of luck for the repair.

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
In '77 I special ordered an El Camino. While on the ten day temporary tag I got rear ended in a bank parking lot.

Filed a claim, bumper was replaced on a Friday. Two days later I got talked into going to a family gathering, something I had not done in many years. One of my uncles wanted to leave, I was parked behind him in the driveway. So I start to back out and stop before pulling into the street, a car was approaching. My uncle was not paying attention, backed his 76 Olds Delta 88 into my bumper. Caught it "just right" and bent it right in the center.

As the El Camino was considered a light truck despite being built on a Chevelle platform the front bumper did not have the usual passenger car front bumper reinforcement, just two brackets between the bumper and the energy absorbers so it folded up real nice.

Yep, two new bumpers within the first two weeks of ownership. It only got worse as time went by. Hauling my friend's crashed motorcycle, one of the tiedown straps broke, several hundred pounds of motorcycle bent the quarter panel up. A few other hits in parking lots over the next six years. Moved out west, final incident, parked at a fire run SOP was two guys to back a truck, one to drive, one to spot. That night, short handed, driver backed into it. Took the quarter and door out. Got it fixed, shortly after I got rid of it.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I got rear ended back in April and the asshole denied it, then claimed I slammed my brakes in front of him to his boss.

Then they saw the video.......

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
As much time as I spend on the road, I've been really lucky. But I do need to get a dash cam.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3294 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post