SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Why can't all gas tank fillers be on the same side?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why can't all gas tank fillers be on the same side? Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Both sides? Back when GM had the gas tanks on both sides, all the fuss was about turning the truck around to fill the other tank.

I had one of those, a 1984 Chevy C20, 7.4 (454) engine. It had two 20-gallon tanks, and needed them, as it would only go 150-200 miles on each. Having to turn around was a nuisance because somebody (through no fault of their own) would zip into the pump space I was trying to get into. A few stations had a long enough hose that could reach over the top of the bed and get into the far side tank, if I pulled up close enough.

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one that has just pulled the hose to the other side of the vehicle and filled it up?

Posts: 7351 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post