SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My job may have broke me down today.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My job may have broke me down today. Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Have you thought of investing in a set of traction boards??
MAXSA 20333 Escaper Buddy Traction Mats for Off-Road Mud, Sand, & Snow Vehicle Extraction (Set of 2), Orange https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A..._api_i_TpDUCbN3RPEWW
Amazing idea. Thank you!

You’re welcome!! Feel free to express your gratitude by ordering two sets and sending one my way Wink
They’re on my list of recovery gear for the Expedition now that we are getting close to hitting some Offroad trails.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been thinking of those since the bad snow and ice season 2018. Got them. Thank you for the heads up.

Got the carsstuck in stupid situations. These should help.

Sold my old mid 80's toyota 4x4. Might have been a mistake as he pulled me out of the drifts. Bummer.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Someone in America is dying of cancer. Someone is cremating a loved one. Someone is addicted to drugs and a sex slave to a pimp.

You on the other hand, have your apparent health, a job, perhaps a family that loves you, and you smash your truck all up because it rained.

Need to re-evaluate your priorities and the meaning of life my friend.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Ok, fine. Jesus and some unfortunate non-deity folk had it harder than me.

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Need to re-evaluate your priorities and the meaning of life my friend.

It's in What's Your Deal! and he's been having a rough go. Seems like an appropriate rant in the appropriate place.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
It's in What's Your Deal! and he's been having a rough go. Seems like an appropriate rant in the appropriate place.

Yeah, it's my party and I'll rant if I want to.

It's not like it rained one time. Revenue was down about $10k last year because of it. It just looked like more of the same and I had a bit of a childish episode. Me reevaluating my life occurred multiple times that day. I really don't want to have to find another job. I will but I don't want to.

Lucky, I didn't hurt my back pulling a half-ton mower.

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
A harbor freight winch may be in order as well, depending if you can reach and anchor point.

Having stuck my 600lb mower, I feel your pain. To top it off, when we got an ATV to hook onto it and drag it out, I forgot to take the brake off so it was a drag and tear rather than a rolling drag.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Good LORD above, I've had it. It rained all last year and it looks like this year is going to be a repeat. The lawns are saturated.

Please don't say that! The rain in Pennsylvania was ridiculous last year, and many people now have swamps instead of lawns. We need a break this year!

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Good LORD above, I've had it. It rained all last year and it looks like this year is going to be a repeat. The lawns are saturated.

Please don't say that! The rain in Pennsylvania was ridiculous last year, and many people now have swamps instead of lawns. We need a break this year!
Yes, we need a break but we don't need a drought.

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Ya, I hear ya. I hope it dries out a bit for ya Mark.

Keep yer head up, as you just KNOW that the summer is coming fast.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Years back I had some traction boards (not nearly as nice as those ones on Amazon) but they worked well. I loaned them to a relative and have not seen them since.

The cheap winch idea would be the route I would take though. Even a come-a-long would work if you are not too deep.

Good luck!

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
A harbor freight winch may be in order as well, depending if you can reach and anchor point.

I use harbor freight winches on several pieces of equipment. They're inexpensive, you can get a wireless remote, and combined with a shovel an anchor point strong enough to pull a mower is no problem at all.

A few years ago I'm driving down the road past a park and I see one of my friend's landscaping company truck/trailer combo parked on the side of the road. Just past I see about 6 Mexicans (legitimate guys on work visas from Mexico) carrying one of his big walk behind mowers on their shoulders like it was a funeral.

Next time I see him I mention it to him as I had never seen anything like it. He didn't know anything about it so he looked into it. Called me later that day and said one of the guys apparently was busy day dreaming and rode it down a large rock embankment and into a creek. The guys teamed up to recover it and carried it out on their shoulders.

https://www.harborfreight.com/...1297.html#tt-reviews

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15696 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mark, my brother used to have his own lawn service. He tried to switch to mostly just doing mulching and weed prevention, but that market was pretty saturated.

Around here the code enforcement was trying to Fine people and the grass in the city park was twice as high. When one of my brothers customers got a citation, my brother spoke for him and pointed out that the city park had longer grass than his customer...no fine.

Same thing is now happening in Ohio. I have not mowed a property I own at all this year yet and need to mow my lawn again. I have a compact utility diesel tractor and a 28hp diesel zero turn that is very heavy, that I mow with.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post