SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ship USPS....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ship USPS.... Login/Join 
posted
That's what I paid for. USPS shipment.

Ship the small item from warehouse in Tennessee to Tucson via USPS, NOT UPS who then hands off the off to USPS in Phoenix then delivers to me which takes eight days total the UPS way.

Idiots in the packing/mailing department, I guess.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:

...Idiots in the packing/mailing department, I guess.

The blame goes much higher. It's called SurePost by UPS, SmartPost by FedEx.

Here's an older summary:

http://www.practicalecommerce....Post-FedEx-SmartPost

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Is it that they shipped USPS? When I pay something for shipping, I don't care if they use carrier pigeons as long as it gets here around the time it's suppose to be.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19658 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Out here in the sticks, in Wickenburg, when the UPS driver sees a "Surepost" type package, it has the delivery address as the Wickenburg PO, and below that instruction for the USPS to deliver it to me. Fuck that, he says, since he's here at my house anyway, and going to the USPS is off his route, he just leaves it here. So I get it several days early, and he saves time by not going 4 miles off his route to do the USPS "thing". Sometimes it is nice living in a small town where everyone knows you (especially the UPS driver). He also alerts me to when a package has arrived at the LGS with my name on it.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
That's what I paid for. USPS shipment.

Ship the small item from warehouse in Tennessee to Tucson via USPS, NOT UPS who then hands off the off to USPS in Phoenix then delivers to me which takes eight days total the UPS way.

Idiots in the packing/mailing department, I guess.

Well my experience with the USPS tops yours.

Bought an item from a forum member. It shipped promptly via USPS. It got to be a rather humorous issue here on the forum when I started posting the shipping info. It bounced back and forth between Charlotte (?) and some other place to the south west of Charlotte. 2 freaking weeks!!!

Don't know if it has gotten any better.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm still waiting for the small package.

The order was placed on 7/07, then sat on someones desk until the order was processed the following day, then shipped out the next day. It took five days to go from Tennessee to Phoenix where it took two days to come to Tucson and be handed over to USPS.

And the final bitch....the regular Postal delivery guy is on vacation, so a sub is now getting our mail to us around 7PM.

In case anyone is interested.....the vendor is Fry's Electronics in Phoenix.

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Out here in the sticks, in Wickenburg, when the UPS driver sees a "Surepost" type package,

I live in Nashville & sometimes UPS once did the same. What is frustrating now, is tracking a UPS package that went through Nashville on its way to SurePost distribution in Mississippi, then back to Nashville by USPS.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Well I just got hit with their silly system of handing it off from UPS to USPS which will mean another day while I suffer.

I ordered some Emu oil for my rash and after a week, Discount Remedies had not shipped the order so I order from Puritan Pride and it was suppose to be here today. Nope...UPS left it with USPS to deliver tomorrow. Mad

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recent shipments to me:

11 days UPS hands off to USPS. Ohio to Tucson. Two days from Phoenix to Tucson. Wrong address and USPS was going to send it back. Regular mailman caught it and delivered to me.

8 days from Texas to Tucson. Same deal, UPS to USPS.

I was lucky with one vendor in Michigan. Don't have to worry about late shipping, 'cause they won't answer their phones or email.

posted Hide Post
Our rural carrier said Amazon drops pallets of parcels at the Post Office every day.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FedEx and UPS stuff was sent to my house. Delivery person or persons hung the items on my open driveway gate.

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
United Parcel never was and never will be a mail delivery service. They couldn't handle it. years ago when I worked there as a sub contractor of sortts, they would have some comment that they should take over the post office. They all got a good laugh from that.

FedEx took five days to get the upgraded 320 from Exeter to my home. five miles, five days.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
FedEx took five days to get the upgraded 320 from Exeter to my home. five miles, five days.

Imagine if you lived in California Eek 3000 days later, still waiting.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
They all suck.
I mailed something to an address 50 minutes away. It’s been a week and it is still out of state currently. No clue why it left the state. Last time (a week earlier) it only took three days.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Ya think that's bad...

My sister shipped a return package from Oklahoma City to Kentucky. She went to FEDEX, they packed and shipped it for her. She was totally unaware that they, FEDEX. shipped it with the way that the US Postal Service takes it.

51 days. FIFTY ONE DAYS. That's how long it took to travel.

She asked me to help her since, at first, it appeared to have been lost once FEDEX gave it to the US Postal Service in OKC and it did not move at all, per tracking number, for a few weeks.

I would call both FEDEX and USPS, man what a frustrating experience.

Just when it appeared to be lost, it would move in the tracking system. Then it would sit someplace for 7 or 10 or 14 days before moving again.

FIFTY ONE DAYS! It's not that terribly far from OKC to Kentucky. I could have walked it in less time, or ridden a bike.

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
Well I just got hit with their silly system of handing it off from UPS to USPS which will mean another day while I suffer.

I ordered some Emu oil for my rash and after a week, Discount Remedies had not shipped the order so I order from Puritan Pride and it was suppose to be here today. Nope...UPS left it with USPS to deliver tomorrow. Mad

Holy thread necrophilia Batman. Kudos for finding a relevant item to continue but how in the world did you dig so deep???

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
The handoff from fedex/ups to usps takes FOREVER.

I'm 2 hours from Exeter and my mags and a bag from Sig shipped last Monday and I expect it on Wednesday. Roll Eyes

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I now know why I see USPS mail trucks on Sunday. They are delivering Amazon Prime 2-day shipping packages.

Posts: 491 | Location: Middle Alabama | Registered: February 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Ya think that's bad...

My sister shipped a return package from Oklahoma City to Kentucky. She went to FEDEX, they packed and shipped it for her. She was totally unaware that they, FEDEX. shipped it with the way that the US Postal Service takes it.

51 days. FIFTY ONE DAYS. That's how long it took to travel.

She asked me to help her since, at first, it appeared to have been lost once FEDEX gave it to the US Postal Service in OKC and it did not move at all, per tracking number, for a few weeks.

I would call both FEDEX and USPS, man what a frustrating experience.

Just when it appeared to be lost, it would move in the tracking system. Then it would sit someplace for 7 or 10 or 14 days before moving again.

FIFTY ONE DAYS! It's not that terribly far from OKC to Kentucky. I could have walked it in less time, or ridden a bike.

My surepost experience. It took 2 days to go across the country to the post office 5 miles from my house, it then sat there for 12 days!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Surepost... sure to add at least two extra days.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post