SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I'm fed up with the term "people of color"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
I'm fed up with the term "people of color" Login/Join 
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted
Everywhere it seems the term "people of color" is being used to describe anyone, and I mean anyone, who is not 100% lily white. One of my questions is, when did white stop being a color?

There are white clothes, white vehicles, heck there's even a white house. But "white" isn't included in the "people of color" color wheel.

It seems every "non-white" wants to embrace this stupid "people/person of color" label. And I know why. If you're able to attach this label to yourself, you're automatically going to be treated with kid gloves. But honestly, let's stop using the term "people" or "person" of color and call them what they really want to be treated as. Victims.



Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.
 
Posts: 5934 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
What do we call albinos now? People without color?
 
Posts: 5827 | Location: MS GULF COAST | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mojojojo:

It seems every "non-white" wants to embrace this stupid "people/person of color" label.
I'm mostly on board with you, but I would not agree with "every 'non-white'." It's mainly those who want to draw a distinction.

Those non-Caucasians who are color-blind and are not seeking special treatment typically do not use this term.



A mind is a terrible thing.
 
Posts: 21182 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Guess we’ve come full circle. I’m going back to colored people. I don’t have to use a preposition. I’m going for brevity.
 
Posts: 3401 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
term "people of color"


Wouldn't that make them the verboten "colored people"? Confused
 
Posts: 16958 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Does that make the rest "people of absence of color"?


Pragmatism: the relentless pursuit of seeing things as they really are.
 
Posts: 54 | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
My guess it that about half of the people in this country prefer a political party that is based entirely on what category someone looks like and what ever they want to be (Female, Male, Goat, Tree, Whatever) at the time.

This is also the same political party that tells them that they are too stupid to obtain a photo ID, and for that they get a virtual lock on all of their votes.

The 'People of Color' is another play on words that they are good at. Universally identified as 'Democratic' as opposed to 'A Democrat' because it implies democracy to their side only, but that is something for a different thread.



My other Sig is a Steyr...
 
Posts: 4526 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
People of Color...I refer to them as the 13%ers....
And someone needs to explain to me how 13% of the population thinks they can dictate to the other 87%
 
Posts: 146 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I want to know why disagreeing with a "person of color" makes one a racist.
 
Posts: 1790 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
Well, considering white contains all of the colors in the light spectrum, and black contains none, white people are the actual people of color.
 
Posts: 7977 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Tribes, group rights. They override individual rights.


____________________________________________________

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.
 
Posts: 11728 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
So, how will those who identify as a "person of color" respond to census:

- White
- Black or African American
- American Indian or Alaska Native
- Asian
- Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander

An Ethiopian might have to think about it.
 
Posts: 3004 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
On the census they should have this and make people check a colored box:

 
Posts: 2936 | Location: Southeast Virginia | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
On the census they should have this and make people check a colored box
I'm one of those smart-asses who would check purple or green. Maybe blue.



A mind is a terrible thing.
 
Posts: 21182 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
They all seem very angry, so I prefer to call them
“People of Choler”.


_________________________
“Little else is requisite to carry a state to the highest degree of opulence from the lowest barbarism but peace, easy taxes, and a tolerable administration of justice: all the rest being brought about by the natural course of things.”--Adam Smith, born June 16, 1723
 
Posts: 15151 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
What about Orange? They seem to have a problem with orange people...



"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"
 
Posts: 4085 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
They all seem very angry, so I prefer to call them
“People of Choler”.
Big Grin

People of color = anyone except white people.

Diversity = anyone except white heterosexual males.



When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw
 
Posts: 14349 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
I'm a #FFA46F.
 
Posts: 4348 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
Call me EB3 or GB4 !


...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!
 
Posts: 13604 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Dale:
People of Color...I refer to them as the 13%ers....
And someone needs to explain to me how 13% of the population thinks they can dictate to the other 87%
Because that 13% mostly votes enbloc . The other 87% are fractured .
 
Posts: 1640 | Location: The deep South | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I'm fed up with the term "people of color"

© SIGforum 2019