SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Can anyone do anything right the first time???
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can anyone do anything right the first time??? Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KDR:
...rear brakes on a old dodge ram, easy right?

Yup.

The factory shop manual can be had for about thirty bucks.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I had a really good experience lately when a service tech came out from Sears to look at my dishwasher. There didn't seem to be much water in it when it ran, just a lot of steam. He checks and of course, it's too old to get any parts at all for it, but he said it was probably not a problem with the dishwasher at all, it was probably the supply line being clogged. A friend of mine who has a bunch of apartments came over and was even though he was really doubtful about the line being clogged, he disconnected the line and we turned the water back on and it barely trickled out. The tech was right! The valve on the supply line was almost totally clogged up with gunk, including a big hunk of some kind of copper based metal (It was green), and a new valve that he had in toolbox fixed the problem. The dishwasher, one of Sears cheaper models from around 1997 is on borrowed time, but at least it gets the dishes clean. I'm selling the house, so the dishwasher will be my buddy that fixed this problem as he's buying the house.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Joe Pesci said it right.

But it's not only the drive-through.

I just got fucked at the parts department.

I just bought a 2010 Edge from a Ford dealer. The power adjusting thingy on the passenger side mirror was not working correctly. They would not fix it on their nickel, but they did agree to sell me the part at their cost, no markup.

Off we went to the parts department and found that there are no repair parts sold, only the complete mirror assemble. OK, bite the bullet and order the thing for $$$.

I picked it up Friday. My BIG Mistake, having failed to learn at the drive through, I did not open the box, I just paid for it and left. I opened the box Saturday and looked at the mirror assembly that had been ordered. Black. The car is white. White mirrors.

I am NOT going to have a white mirror on driver side and a black one on passenger side.

Back we go, because it was not done right the first time.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Our motto is:

We're not happy till you're not happy.

It's trending.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Joe Pesci said it right.

I just bought a 2010 Edge from a Ford dealer. The power adjusting thingy on the passenger side mirror was not working correctly. They would not fix it on their nickel, but they did agree to sell me the part at their cost, no markup.

Off we went to the parts department and found that there are no repair parts sold, only the complete mirror assemble. OK, bite the bullet and order the thing for $$$.

I picked it up Friday. My BIG Mistake, having failed to learn at the drive through, I did not open the box, I just paid for it and left. I opened the box Saturday and looked at the mirror assembly that had been ordered. Black. The car is white. White mirrors.

I am NOT going to have a white mirror on driver side and a black one on passenger side.

They might all come in black and have to be painted to match the vehicle. Some parts are like that. Call before driving there.....

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g8rforester:

Thanks!!

Still might be a bit of a haul from Winter Garden, but might be worth it. I'll think about it and email if I have questions.

G8r-I've had very good luck with Sloan's on Fern Creek and Michigan in Orlando. Certainly not right around the corner for you but I trust them and I think everyone is a scumbag. Present company excluded.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
As a very picky eater, I learned the hard way a long long time ago, to always check stuff before you take it home. I was late for work recently because I overslept, and I hit Arby's and got two plain fish sandwiches. Well, I was in a hurry and didn't check them, and of course, they had tartar sauce on them, so they were trash. I only mess up and don't check about once every two years now..

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Joe Pesci said it right.

They might all come in black and have to be painted to match the vehicle. Some parts are like that. Call before driving there.....
Thanks for the helpful tip, but I'm not calling because
  1. I'm hearing impaired and calling anybody is difficult,

2. I'm hearing impaired and "press 1 for this, press 2 for that, ..." is not easy to deal with, and

3. the mirror is being returned. Can't do that on the telephone.

Once I saw that it was not color matched (and I did specify a color matched mirror before ordering it) I did an internet search and found that I could buy a subassembly containing just the internal parts: motor, gears, etc, even though the parts guy at the Ford dealer had told me, "authoritatively," that no repair parts were available and I would have to order the complete mirror.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the other hand. I took a 16 year old Honda to the local dealer for a checkup to determine if it was worth putting on $500 in new tires. Since the dash cluster had been replaced and the car no doubt had over 100K on it, they recommended replacing the timing belt in addition to some other work. When I went to pick up the car, the service rep said "We saved you some money. When we opened up the belt housing, it was obvious the belt had been recently replaced." Saved me about $1000. They could have buttoned it back up, told me they replaced the belt and water pump, and I would not have known.

Needless to say, that Honda dealer has my business for life.

Posts: 563 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: February 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
But a new SUV and wanted a deflector for the sunroof. Bought it, confirmed it was in stock, and set a date to get it installed. When I arrived I was told they no longer stocked the part. The parts guy made a comment that the salesmen promise stuff "all the time." When I told him I'd already purchased the part and it was in stock then, he flat out said I was wrong. Then I showed him the cash register receipt. Six hours later the had the part in. Never went there again.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post