SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Media people, just wear a tie
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Media people, just wear a tie Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
I am so tired of media people wearing a $500 suit and not wearing a tie. What is the point? Where is the style? Sure, open collar is more comfortable. So, wear measured shirts with the proper neck size and enjoy the pairing of ties with shirts to show some sense of decorum.

Look, if you in the media want to be casual wear a golf shirt. And khakis. If you want to wear a $500 Hugo Boss suit with a $100 shirt, wear a lovely silk tie.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4MUL8R,

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
I am so tired of media people wearing a $500 suit and not wearing a tie. What is the point? Where is the style? Sure, open collar is more comfortable. So, wear measured shirts with the proper neck size and enjoy the pairing of ties with shirts to show some sense of decorum.

Look, if you in the media want to be casual wear a golf shirt. And khakis. If you want to wear a $500 Hugo Boss suit with a $100 shirt, wear a lovely silk tie.

Vegas style, no tie. I never wear a tie there. Don't get me wrong, I have a stable of very nice ties and I wear them when necessary, but I feel like its also acceptable to wear a suit without a tie.
I'm also a Hugo Boss guy, for what it's worth.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
They probably aren't wearing socks either.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:

Now you're just talking crazy.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a big suit fan, partial to Canali and Zegna, but wearing a decent suit and dressing appropriately sadly continues to wane amongst the populace.

Posts: 880 | Registered: October 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I buy Brooks Bros. suits, and yes, I do not understand wearing a nice suit with no tie as a fashion statement. When I want that look, I wear a sports jacket, open neck shirt and casual slacks.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16660 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:
..media people..

You mean the guys who spend all their time calling Trump a racist and yammering on about his 'Muslim ban'? Those guys? And you're concerned about their sense of style? Roll Eyes

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A suit and no tie? How are Ward and June supposed to explain this to the Beaver?

-----------------------------------

Posts: 2424 | Location: Northeast Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gotta have that Sonny Crockett look! Besides who takes these idiots seriously anyway. Now give me Edward R. Murrow with his sleeves rolled up and a cigarette hanging out of the corner of his mouth.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:

Brings to mind Judge Reardon in Justified. Under his judicial robe is nothing but a speedo, and socks with garters, and a pistol.

Posts: 10781 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
quote:

Now you're just talking crazy.
Probably do 'it' in all sorts of crazy positions too.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I wear just white t-shirts with my expensive suits. And no socks either.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19637 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
I have Perry Ellis suits, and I fully agree with you.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5295 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I wish I could find a nice suit for $500.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
I wish I could find a nice suit for $500.

-Rob

I wish Hickey Freeman and HSM were as they once were. No idea what's a good brand now.

Posts: 17879 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is this suit of which you are speaking?
Retired, watch the weather girls, never watch the news?

Jim

Posts: 1348 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walkinghorse:
What is this suit of which you are speaking?

They are a type of magic costume that makes people smart. If a colorful piece of cloth is tied around one's neck, they become even smarter.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this skinny suit shit, drives me and the wife nuts

I'd rather do business with a lawyer/doctor in bibs , than look at clown ass crap

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54597 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I more or less never wear both a jacket and a tie. One or the other is plenty.

And I often go without socks, and rarely tuck in a shirt.

Big deal. It *rarely* matters, if ever.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd rather do business with a lawyer/doctor in bibs , than look at clown ass crap

It looks metrosexual to me. Kind of creepy. It would look better if he had a hair bun. Probably likes the Unicorn Frappacino.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post