SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Things that are played out, 2018 edition
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Things that are played out, 2018 edition Login/Join 
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
One thing I’ve figured out in my years is that most people are followers, whether they realize it or not.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Planning on retiring in January so I have been channeling my inner Billy Gibbons and have not shaved in 6 months. It’s white and bushy with salt and pepper on the sides. Not trying to be trendy. All the young ones are jealous.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
"Played Out" or not, I'm keeping my beard and cell phone. Other than those two, spot on.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Set out once to become the world's greatest procrastinator, but never got around to it
Picture of Fdan
posted Hide Post
Great rant!

May I please add "The suit coats/sports coats that are 4 sizes too small, don't reach close to the wrist, and are incapable of being buttoned without the wearer looking like a 3-pound sausage stuffed into a 2-pound casing!

Posts: 1983 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:

May I please add "The suit coats/sports coats that are 4 sizes too small, don't reach close to the wrist, and are incapable of being buttoned without the wearer looking like a 3-pound sausage stuffed into a 2-pound casing!
I thought it was just that people got fat and didn't buy new suits? Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
The beard may be fine but the Gotee or the Soul Patch are a bit old to me. Especially goatees that have rubber bands to tie them up.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beards, in general, don't matter to me one way or the other. What does get me is one very stylized look that I call the "Mega Church Worship Leader" look. It consists of a full, but evenly trimmed, beard, skinny jeans, a few tats and at least one of the following items: Man bun, toboggan, deep V-neck shirt.

Posts: 727 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I can't disagree with the rant, despite my facial hair. Wink
Oh, and I do like my smartphone. Sort of.

That said, I'd like to add a few things, if I may. I'll start with:
* Daytime running lights. (Too danged bright these days.)
* Cute euphemisms (fakebook; instacrap; "the confuser," (computer); "going to take my eyeballs out," (referring to contacts); "we reached out"; and so many other annoying phrases. Which other ones? Well, "I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you." Roll Eyes
* Autocorrect. Yes, I know I spelled it that way -- I did it on purpose. It's a real word.

Thank you for letting me share your rant.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KDR:
Beards, in general, don't matter to me one way or the other. What does get me is one very stylized look that I call the "Mega Church Worship Leader" look. It consists of a full, but evenly trimmed, beard, skinny jeans, a few tats and at least one of the following items: Man bun, toboggan, deep V-neck shirt.

I know that guy. Actually, several of them.

One of them took to wearing striped beanie caps, to go with his thick black-rim glasses. That earned him the nickname “Waldo” behind his back. A while back, I was taking a look at the company Facebook page and some random person commented on a video he appeared in with “Found Waldo!” I laughed so hard I nearly passed out.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

I know that guy. Actually, several of them.

Hey, I know that guy, too! Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Man bun, toboggan, deep V-neck shirt.
Hmmm . . .

I usually try to find an answer before I ask here, but Google was not much help this time around.

I know that a toboggan is a flat-bottom sled. I did not know what it is in the context of this thread, so I looked in the Urban Dictionary and found many references to sex on or near stairs or a slope, one partner "riding" the other downhill. I'm almost 82 and I still learn something new every day.

I did not find anything that clarified the term in the context of this thread.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Have a look over here, V-Tail. It's a knit hat.

God bless America.

W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
1978 just called. It wants you back. Smile
Let's try that one again. "The 1978 store called. They're running out of you."

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
One thing I’ve figured out in my years is that most people are followers, whether they realize it or not.

Me too!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12349 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Have a look over here, V-Tail. It's a knit hat.
Ah, it's a "watch cap." That's what it was called 60 years ago when I was in the Navy. It kept your head toasty warm when standing a watch at 2:00 am (or "oh zero two hundred hours"). If you were at all sensitive to wool, it was either have a cold head, or be warm and deal with the irritation.

They were great when I lived in the Chicago area, and Denver. I get really puzzled when I see people wearing them here in Florida, on an eighty or ninety degree day.

HOLY MOSES! I just clicked on your link. NINETY-EIGHT DOLLARS? What are they smoking? Go to GoodWill to by one, and get change from a five dollar bill.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Well, it IS 90% merino and 10% cashmere. Really! That blend is simply the best for filtering your soy milk to add just a hint of unwashed greasy hair to your beverage. It's a multi-purpose toque. And you would look so sensitive wearing it...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
The beard may be fine but the Gotee or the Soul Patch are a bit old to me. Especially goatees that have rubber bands to tie them up.

have had a mustache since college, and a Goatee since I left my first job,

but I keep them trimmed,

I do not have a shaved head, or wear affliction or Grunt style t shirts 2 sizes to small (seems to be the stereotype around here)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Well, it IS 90% merino and 10% cashmere. Really! That blend is simply the best for filtering your soy milk to add just a hint of unwashed greasy hair to your beverage. It's a multi-purpose toque. And you would look so sensitive wearing it...

LOL

and I see young folk wearing them on 90 degree days,,,

I would melt

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
you would look so sensitive wearing it
I got your sensitive. Right here!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Epic Rant!!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post