SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Miscreant Customers. UPDATE On Page 2. One On The Way To Jail.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Miscreant Customers. UPDATE On Page 2. One On The Way To Jail. Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DEC505:
V-tail are you airport at Herndon blvd and Colonial ?
Nope. That's Orlando Executive (KORL). I used to base there, but that was many many years ago.

For the past ten years, give or take, I have based at Orlando-Apoka (X04). Name change, this airport used to be called "Orlando Country."

Location is U.S. Hwy 441 (North Orange Blossom Trail), a few miles north of Metropolitan Downtown Apopka, straddling the Apopka - Zellwood city line. Just a minute or two north of exit 34 of the 429 toll road.

Hangar 58, on taxiway A-3 at the airport. Give me a heads-up (email in my profile) if you want to visit, as I'm not there every day.

If you want a free lunch with your visit, the Owners Association has an airport Open House the first month of each calendar quarter on a Saturday. Usually, but not always, the second Saturday of that month. January, April and October events are burgers, hot dogs, etc. from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. July gets a bit warm around noon, so it's a pancake breakfast from 8:00 am to 11:00 am. If weather is decent, I usually follow the meal with a range trip; the gun club is about 15 - 20 minutes from the airport. All forum members are welcome (airport Open House and / or range trip). Just give me a heads-up via email.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Somewhere around here...
Hey, I can see my hangar from here.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
UPDATE: Equipment that had been rented in September and not brought back -- the store called several times, no joy. I met with a Sheriff Deputy and filed a sworn complaint under Florida Statute 812.155, "Failure to return rented property..." Later that evening, miscreant decides that he is able to return the equipment to the store, but does not have any money with him to pay for the two weeks that he had the equipment.

After an exchange of emails with the deputy, we decide to pursue the complaint with the "failure to pay all monies due" clause of that statute. Since it's now over three hundred dollars, it's a felony, jail time is a possibility.

I met with the deputy yesterday, to swear and affirm the complaint, signed the affidavit, which will now be forwarded to the County prosecutor's office.

Note that I had met with the prosecutor a couple weeks ago re equipment that was rented from a different store in the same city (Deltona) and has still not been returned. This is the better part of a year. Well, today I get another email from the same deputy I met with yesterday. He found the miscreant on this one, arrested her, and she is on her way to jail!

She said that the equipment is in a storage unit, but she has defaulted on payment. The deputy did not find out what storage place, he will try to follow up on this for me. I owe this guy!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
They might have sold the equipment.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I love to hear stories where the dirt bag pays a cost for his/her deeds. Hope you are able to recoup losses and not spend too much time in court.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
They might have sold the equipment.
Yeah, that's always a possibility, but right now I pretty much believe that she did put it in a storage unit.

It's believable because when I went to the address on the rental form, the house was empty. Looking in the windows, I saw no furniture, nothing. Just a place that had been totally moved out of.

So yeah, I do believe that her belongings were (are?) in a storage unit, and my equipment is probably in amongst it. Now, the problem will be dealing with the owner / manager of the storage facility. This happened once in the past and I was finally successful when I hit on the idea of threatening the storage place's manager with receiving stolen goods.

I had a sort of similar situation when a customer had some of my equipment in the trunk of her car; the car broke down and was towed to a repair facility, where the equipment had been, locked in the trunk, for over a week. Repair place had the keys to the trunk but did not want to release the equipment to me. I gave them the serial number from my listing and asked them to check that it was, in fact, in the trunk, and sign a form stating that they had it in their custody. They did so, and I then informed them that they had just admitted to having stolen property in their possession. Their choice was to either turn it over to me, or return it to the store where it was rented within 24 hours. Failure to do either of those would result in being arrested for possession of stolen property. I was making this up as I went along, but it worked.
quote:
Orinally posted by the Skins guy:
I love to hear stories where the dirt bag pays a cost for his/her deeds. Hope you are able to recoup losses and not spend too much time in court.
Last time I went to court on one of these, I was in and out in less than an hour. Miscreant paid restitution to some state agency in Tallahassee (Florida state capitol, or is it capital, never can remember which) and that agency sent a check to me. Worst part of the whole deal was the trip from the parking garage to the metal detector at the court house entrance, going unarmed in an environment that is loaded with Bad Guys. I did have my cane.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I love fairy tales like this where everyone lives happily ever after. Except for the bad guy, of course.

I hope you get the other equipment from the storage unit also. These 1% occurences sure make up for the relatively easy money of the 99%. And I can see why you go through the trouble considering the equipment costs. Even though they may be paid for already, each one now represents an income stream.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post