SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Optic planet
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Optic planet Login/Join 
posted
Ordered a holster for my 320 on dec 28 from optic
Planet , I was promptly thanked for the order and it
Was promptly being readied for shipment . Fast forward I’ve
Been checking the status of the order for a week now , it shows it
Being shipped , but no tracking numbers . I’ve tried to contact optic
And cannot get any results . One big run around , while hearing
Constant whoe is me recordings , about COVID and how overwhelmed they are .
As anyone had any dealings with optic planet ? Is this an isolated thing
Or is their customer service always this bad .
In the last 6 wks I’ve purchased firearms items from at least 6 vendors ,
And they all manage to ship in fairly normal time frame .
I would advise the forum community to be aware of the poor
Customer service of optic planet .

Posts: 26 | Location: Rockland county NY  | Registered: December 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Well, that’s how you learn.

I don’t think Optics Planet stocks anything. They order when you do.

Here’s a tip, “Cheaper than Dirt” isn’t and should be avoided as well.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The entire population of SigForum firmly believes that Optics Planet suxs.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the confirmation of what the whole world knows. Optics Planet is one of the worst sellers anywhere.

I actually ordered something from them once, ten or more years ago and it showed up promptly. I was lucky, because they seem to mostly drop ship things, and no telling how long it will take.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I once ordered a pair of sunglasses from them, which were “in stock”. I got them about six months later. That was before I joined here and learned better.

Good luck.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
“Optics Planet’s only product is suck” Wink

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...290027534#1290027534

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lesson learned .
I’m thinking of contacting the credit card company . In the meantime I’m going to give them as much negative publicity as I possibly can .
It’s not a lot of money , it’s just the principle

Posts: 26 | Location: Rockland county NY  | Registered: December 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Looking for those grips that have been out of production for 12+ years?

Optics Planet has them in stock! Wink

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Looking for those grips that have been out of production for 12+ years?

Optics Planet has them in stock! Wink

Years ago, not knowing better, I ordered a set of grips from OP. Thet didn't fit, so Contacted them to return them.

Sent them back, kept looking for my refund/credit, they said they never received the grips.

Lesson lesrned.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
I ordered something from them a few years back, before I knew. I used PayPal and then waited. It took them so long that the PayPal authorization sunset.

Quite a few weeks after ordering, I get an email from them that they are ready to ship, please re-auth PP. I got around to that as fast as they got around to shipping. Not at all.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Sigforum, Garander.

What’s not known here ain’t worth knowing. Razz

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the other hand, I've ordered several things from them (2022 holster, Vertx pants 2x) which were both reasonably priced and shipped in a timely fashion. I guess I just caught 'em on a good day.

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lesson learned .
I’m thinking of contacting the credit card company . In the meantime I’m going to give them as much negative publicity as I possibly can .
It’s not a lot of money , it’s just the principle

^^^^^^^^^
DO a chargeback with your credit card company. Shovelhead suggested I do that with RADIAN WEAPONS and I got my money back and they got a charge.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
I've been on this forum for about eleven years and from day one I remember being warned about the shenanigans being wrought by Optics planet. Yet people just seem to think that maybe that just this one time it won't happen to them when dealing with this company. Take heed and learn, but it will never happen because in about another month or two we will have another bout of Optics Planet complaints.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I don’t even consider them anymore.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
My one time interaction with OP was pretty underwhelming, hearing protection headphones. They failed during the warranty period.

Optic Planet's response was that the manufacturer was responsible. They could not even give me contact information. I had to search that out myself.

First and last time for them. During the stay at home period last spring something I was searching for on Amazon came up with Optics Planet as the seller. Skipped that, paid more from another site for the same item. Once burned, once only.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
If memory serves, a few years back Optics Planet even had one of their people come on Sigforum, start engaging folks here and going on about how things were going to be different at OP.

Para advised him that actions speak louder than words. I don’t recall him posting anything after that, and, as we see with the periodic Optics Planet threads, nothing’s changed with them.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Many of us learn by being burned. It never occurred to me they were a drop ship company so I ordered a set of binoculars from/thru them. Worse, we were leaving on a boat ride (what else would you call a ride on the American Queen?) We got lucky and they actually arrived before departure. But I didn't understand and included express shipping. So I wasted a few bucks because even paying the extra didn't include them ordering them faster. Sure, they took their week to order, but next day shipping really didn't add anything. Guess you've got to understand what the crooks have in mind for you.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
one of our employees wrote an internal purchase request for life jackets to be purchased at Optics Planet.

I sent the request back to him after my boss had approved it, and told him to find a new vendor as I refused to do business with Optics Planet (after reading many issues over the years that the members here have had with them).

I ended up buying directly from the manufacture for less money than Optics Planet was charging.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ordered 2 items.....1 item arrived in 1 week. After 2 weeks, 2nd item was no longer available.

But it was when I ordered it?

They don’t tell you that when you order. Just an email later how sorry they are and blah, blah, blah.

Posts: 199 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post