SIGforum
DO NOT Go Grocery Shopping at Walmart on the First Saturday of the Month!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/4780093824

August 05, 2017, 04:46 PM
V-Tail
DO NOT Go Grocery Shopping at Walmart on the First Saturday of the Month!
I should know better. I really should know better.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
August 05, 2017, 04:52 PM
hudr
Yeah, I though everyone knew this....
August 05, 2017, 04:59 PM
Better yet, do not go shopping at Wal-Mart.

Q

August 05, 2017, 05:12 PM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Better yet, do not go shopping at Wal-Mart.
That's probably a pretty good idea, but where do you go for one-stop shopping when you need to pick up a box of ammunition and a loaf of bread? Especially when the Walmart is on my direct route from work to home.

That loaf of bread, by the way, is a buck less at Walmart than it is at the "nice" supermarket, and the "nice" one is not on my way home, requires a detour, and does not carry ammunition.

It's not so much stay away from Walmart, it's more like don't go on the first Saturday of the month. I could have done without bread until Monday; there are a couple of bagels in the refrigerator.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
August 05, 2017, 05:21 PM
Jus228
It's not just Walmart. Don't go shopping "anywhere" on the first Saturday of the month.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
August 05, 2017, 05:36 PM
rscalzo
I had to stop by the Walmart here and everything was normal.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net
August 05, 2017, 06:09 PM
PHPaul
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:

That bad, huh? Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.
August 05, 2017, 06:15 PM
MitchbSC
Tax free weekend here. We're sheltering in-place.

When we do go out after this insanity, the Walgets and Tarmarts will look looted for the next week.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
August 05, 2017, 06:16 PM
ZSMICHAEL
quote:
That loaf of bread, by the way, is a buck less at Walmart than it is at the "nice" supermarket, and the "nice" one is not on my way home, requires a detour, and does not carry ammunition.

You use your EBT card??
August 05, 2017, 06:28 PM
konata88
What happens on the first Saturday? Walmart is not convenient to me.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
August 05, 2017, 06:31 PM
MPB
quote:
That's probably a pretty good idea, but where do you go for one-stop shopping when you need to pick up a box of ammunition and a loaf of bread?

I go to the Country Store in the village near my home.
Bread, milk, meat, beer, ammo, hunting and fishing gear.. whatever you need.
One stop shopping and no weird sights while your shopping and visiting.
August 05, 2017, 06:46 PM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
What happens on the first Saturday? Walmart is not convenient to me.
EBT cards are replenished at the beginning of the month, so the first Saturday is insane. The store is packed, checkout lines are long, the parking lot is a danger zone; just stay away from the store the first weekend of the month.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
August 05, 2017, 06:50 PM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by MPB:
quote:
That's probably a pretty good idea, but where do you go for one-stop shopping when you need to pick up a box of ammunition and a loaf of bread?
I go to the Country Store in the village near my home.
Bread, milk, meat, beer, ammo, hunting and fishing gear.. whatever you need.

One stop shopping and no weird sights while your shopping and visiting.
That sounds neat, but there's nothing like that near me. We have Costco, we have Publix, but the only place for one stop shopping for both ammunition and groceries is Walmart.

I would love to have a General Store, like the ones I remember in farm country from the days of my yoof. At 80, I'm too old to relocate.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
August 05, 2017, 07:33 PM
ZSMICHAEL
I get all my ammo online by the case delivered by UPS. It works well for me, and is cost effective.
August 05, 2017, 07:48 PM
egregore
Wal-Mart and other discount grocers are where people on public assistance should be buying groceries, are they not?
August 05, 2017, 08:19 PM
ArtieS
Hey V-Tail, it was also "Tax Free Go Back To School" weekend here, with the annual sales tax holiday for school stuff and clothes, etc. I'm sure that helped.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.
August 05, 2017, 08:25 PM
RHINOWSO
What are you, new? Wink
August 05, 2017, 08:33 PM
ZSMICHAEL
[quote]Wal-Mart and other discount grocers are where people on public assistance should be buying groceries, are they not?[/quote

In the past small grocery stores did a huge amount of EBT business, more than some larger retailers. The Feds investigated, lots of fraud going on. I am not up on the latest schemes, but recall a computer glitch which allowed unlimited shopping. Here is the link to the story:
http://nypost.com/2013/10/15/f...-looting-at-walmart/
August 05, 2017, 09:10 PM
henryaz

We don't have a Walmart in Wickenburg, so I keep a list for when I go to Surprise. I try to hit it about 7:00am, just before a 9:00am Dr. appt. in the same area. That time seems to be just in between the night crawlers and the daytime mouth breather spandex/pajama freaks. I can get a good parking place, in and out in a short time. Otherwise, I try to avoid the place.

August 05, 2017, 11:28 PM
OKCGene
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:

That bad, huh? Big Grin

Bwahahaha lol giggle snort and guffaw. Big Grin