SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    cash withdrawal from bank
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

cash withdrawal from bank Login/Join 
posted
When withdrawing cash the last few times I have noticed they no longer count it back to me. Today, they neither counted it nor put it in an envelope. Is this the new standard or is my branch lazy ?

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
My bank still does both, unless it’s a small sum and then they skip the envelope and when it’s larger they ask first.

Though when it’s a larger amount of money I prefer that they don’t count it back to me out loud. I’m not a fan of everyone in earshot knowing I’ve got a few grand on me. When I give the teller the slip I ask that they not count it back to me out loud. Usually they will still lay the money down bill by bill but they just won’t count it.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I use a credit union and they count the money to me and ask if I want an envelope.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
Bank lobby are still closed so I have to go thru the drive up. Cash is placed in an envelope.

Posts: 2219 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mine counts everything under a $100.00,and no envelope.

everything over $100.00, no counting in an envelope

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks
I was the only customer in the branch at the time

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
We have Tilly the Teller, she just sucks the card out of my hand, demands I push her buttons and then spits out the cash, no counting, no envelope just here, take it, then go...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[quote]When withdrawing cash the last few times I have noticed they no longer count it back to me. Today, they neither counted it nor put it in an envelope. Is this the new standard or is my branch lazy ?
^^^^
These protocols are set by the bank. Talk to the manager if want it changed. Believe the tellers just do what they are told.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
My Wells Fargo branch is closed except by appt.

I withdrew $9,000 cash twice over 2 days at drive thru. Both time it's stuck in an envelope.

And, the contractor I gave them to just took the envelopes. I'm sure he counted later, as did I.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
My bank always counts back to me quietly, I always grab an envelope my self.
The bank I go to keeps them on the tellers window counter.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
My bank just tilts the money counter machine so I can see it and they run the bills through twice.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ptruck:
Bank lobby are still closed so I have to go thru the drive up. Cash is placed in an envelope.
Same thing here.

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I do my banking at BoA. Our town only has an ATM for cash, no tellers. If I want to use a teller, the nearest is 25 mile away.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
back when I could go inside... the teller would count it twice.. I alway counted it when they first counted it for themselves... and did not pay attention when they count it out for me.

Now the only option is drive through.. and this past week they started cutting back on the hours for that.... I guess they are following the post office's lead.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
My Wells Fargo branch is closed except by appt.

I withdrew $9,000 cash twice over 2 days at drive thru. Both time it's stuck in an envelope.

And, the contractor I gave them to just took the envelopes. I'm sure he counted later, as did I.

I make the recipient count my payment in front of me. Eliminates the chance of them telling you later you were short.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post