SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Cost of license plates in Colorado.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cost of license plates in Colorado. Login/Join 
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Since TABOR ties the hands of politicians and tax rates they have found other ways to raise money. Fee's primarily. That's why this year Prop 117 deals with this practice. Large fee increases will have to be voter approved if this passes.

Posts: 7521 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No state income tax here, but they make up for it with vehicle registration at the DMV. I have a 15 yr old 2500hd Duramax. $120ish per year. Regular plates. Wife’s 2017 Tahoe was around $600 a year ago when we bought it used. Right at $565ish this year.

CT

Posts: 246 | Location: Damn it's hot! | Registered: September 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NH does fees based on a percentage of new MSRP that declines year over year. First two years is 18%. So I just wrote a check last month for like $630.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I imagine you have to pay immediately. I've seen temporary tags on cars with expiration dates back in April. We first observed a ton of temp plates on cars everywhere. It seemed like everyone was buying cars. Turns out no one can get plates here in Colorado. Same with my CCW. I put in for the renew in August. Still have not received it yet.

Posts: 7521 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
One year registration fee is $358.39 for 2016 4Runner and $144.51 for 2010 HD Fat Boy. On the other hand, as Prefontaine mentioned, property taxes here are a relatively cheap $2343/year.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
We get screwed pretty hard, every year here in Arizona. 2019 Toyota Tacoma.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah a couple years ago they added a 32.50 dps fee per year to our registrations, which on new cars doesn’t seem all that bad because I think the tags for one year on my 20 Camry were around $500. It really sucks on older cars because most of our registration is just tax on vehicle value so you used to be able to register a 10-15 year old car for $10-15 a year.... now it’s $40-50 a year because of that fee.

In our defense we do have very nice roads compared to a lot of other places I’ve been so that’s a plus

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the other hand my wife’s family mountain retreat on 10 acres and 4000 square feet has a real estate tax of less than $5000, being in Jefferson county, Col.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
In my county, I pay about $25-30 each year. One county over has a wheel tax and they pay an extra chunk (supposedly to build a library - but the tax stayed on long after the building was finished...).

This is TN

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
I moved from Colorado to NH, and with that move saw a HUGE increase in both vehicle plates and property taxes.

My vehicle plates cost me around $740 if I recall correctly. For a Chevy pickup!

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I just renewed my Chevy pickup. $98/year. Our cars are around $39. We pay sales tax when we purchase but no other fees. Insurance is another story. I just also renewed our policy, $6200/year, 5 vehicles all with full coverage.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post