SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Cost of license plates in Colorado.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cost of license plates in Colorado. Login/Join 
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted
Look, I mean look at all the bs fees they have tacked onto paying for plates in this left leaning looney effn state! I don't recall VOTING to add all this crap. How bad is it in your state?

Oh, did I mention the Dems have been in control for too long here.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We have our share of BS in Montana but nothing like that. Plus, one time licenses on boats, trailers, ATVs, SidexSides and once your car is 10 years old, you are good for the duration.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Wow, you're getting bent over. I'll bet most of that money doesn't go to the intended purpose

Posts: 5301 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Michigan tags for 2021 on a 2019 Dodge Durango are 184 bucks + 10 bucks for a state park pass.
And I bet it increases for 2022.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
Oh, did I mention the Dems have been in control for too long here.

I’m sorry. I have to comment on this because it really goes to the heart of a lot of what is happening at the state and local level around where I live.

The average voter (not talking you CH44) sees these taxes and complains, but either can’t or won’t make the connection it was the Democrats they voted for that enacted these taxes, or they forget when Election Day comes around.

Edit: OK After some quick Googling, I see that the Specific Ownership Tax is equivalent to Virginia’s Personal Property Tax. So in the end we’ve probably equivalent.

In the end, if you own a vehicle over ten years old you are probably better off in CO as the tax is $3.00 versus $25.00 in VA.

Posts: 6608 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
WI has crept up over the past years, maybe $85 or so a year for the average car. A truck may be a little more. It’s one way they raise fees without calling it a ‘tax increase’, happens in many areas.

It’s always a push to get some $$ from those that may have $$.

Posts: 6130 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
My new RAV4 was well over $700 for the first year's tags. They call it an "excise tax" which is really a personal property tax. It does go down as the vehicle depreciates but the first 4/5 years sting.

That's in addition to 5.5% sales tax.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Every state gets its money somehow. Some tack it on license plates, but, if not, they'll get it somewhere else. AZ is not too bad, with it based on a percent of the declining BB value of your vehicle. Mine is 10 years old now, and the plates/registration is not much at all. So low (I forget the exact amount) I went for the 5 year registration and sticker the last time.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Eek

God bless TX. Ours is a cheap (comparatively) flat fee, regardless of age or value.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15151 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
You must have an older vehicle. I remember paying over $700 in Colorado when I bought my 2000 Silverado. I'm kind of liking Alaska, $50 for 2 years.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Jeebus!

In Arkansas, it's $25 for a new plate (one time), plus $19.50 for the tag and registration (annually).

Posts: 32427 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
INVENTORY ITEM(S) YR FEES ASSESSED
WINDSHIELD STICKER 2021 WINDSHIELD STICKER $ 54.00
REG FEE-DPS $ 1.00
CNTY ROAD BRIDGE ADD-ON FEE $ 10.00
CHILD SAFETY FUND $ 1.50
INSPECTION FEE-1YR $ 7.50
PROCESSING AND HANDLING FEE $ 4.75
ONLINE DISCOUNT $ -1.00
TOTAL $ 77.75 

Just renewed my registration in Harris County TX last month.

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Wow. California DMV isn't that bad.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
I'm paying $113 to renew my WI plates next month. I paid $85 last year.

Posts: 2219 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Ouch! Indiana is bad, but not that bad. I just spent abou $500 to register 3 cars, 2 trailers, and a boat. Most of my vehicles are pretty old, so that helps some, but it's still pretty painful every october when that comes due.

Posts: 8415 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
WOW! Plates are $85 here in Wisc.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
At least your cops, you know the guys with the guns, get a bucks worth of training. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Holy Mother of Pearl! Eek

Mine was $62 in Georgia, but that was for two trucks.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I think a lot of those are regional/county fees. Here's the registration for my 2010 Tahoe in Jeffco.

Posts: 5733 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
Was $35 a year in WV. Then our fat cocksucking governor raised it up to $50 a year. But after looking at the ops I feel better now. Sheeze!

Posts: 2155 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post