SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Hit And Run Drivers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hit And Run Drivers Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
Halloween afternoon I was going to the KFC to get some chicken for our dinner.

As I pulled into the parking lot, a minivan was coming across to the drive thru and a frustrated, angry, road raging post teen rams her right in the back wheel well and stops, backs up to the exit.

He gets out and starts ranting at her about FUCKING WHITE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

A woman gets out unfazed by the insult and tells hem she is calling the police. He continues to rant at her still screeching angrily. I continue to pull up slowly and yell out my window, "hey asshole, back off the lady!" as I'm afraid he is going to assault her and get his ass thoroughly whooped by an angry trailer park woman.

Now he comes over to my window screeching about FUCKING WHITE PEOPLE!!!

This whole time my dash camera is rolling.

He gets in his battered car and drives away, I can't move my truck to chase him, but I have his face and tag and stick around for the police.

The deputy gets all the info from the women in the van, all 6 of them from the same trailer. There are two small girls all dressed up for trickertreeting in the back.

Then he asks me what I saw. I asked him if my camera chip would help.

He lit up like a Christmas Tree and said that was AWESOME! There would be no way he could claim his car got stolded and it wasn't nonna him and if the video showed what we described, it would be vehicular assault instead of a simple MVA.

So, he took my chip and bagged it and thanked me for my help. The trailer park woman managed the McDonalds across the street gave me a free meal card for my trouble.

The officer took out a bag filled with goodies and gave some out to the two shook up little girls. He secured some glow rings on them to ensure they were visible.

Anyways I hope I made a hit and run road raging shitbag have a REALLY bad day.

I have a very small bit of the video that I used to positively ID the asshole.

Anyways, video or it didn't happen.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3N3MA-KT4k

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34107 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice work! Which camera are you using?
My $15 ebay camera keeps melting. I need to upgrade.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
That is freaking GOLD.

I have to take at least one hit and run a week. They almost never have enough to do anything with.

I took one on Tuesday. Lady's car got hit while she was at work. They had video of the hit, and clear enough to make out what kind of vehicle it was.

I spent quite some time on it and determined the license plate.

When I go back to work on Saturday, the hunt will continue.

I have a special disgust for hit and run drivers.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked working H&Rs. I had a simple technique that often worked. I would watch whatever location the hit skip occurred at and at the same time it occurred. It was not unusual to spot the suspect vehicle the next day! Creatures of habit, evidently.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I liked working H&Rs. I had a simple technique that often worked. I would watch whatever location the hit skip occurred at and at the same time it occurred. It was not unusual to spot the suspect vehicle the next day! Creatures of habit, evidently.

While this is a sound method, we are too busy to allow me to do this.

One constant aggravation around here is people buy cars and put BS temporary tags on them that can't be traced. In South Carolina dealerships provide temporary plates. As long as a plate has a dealer name, phone number and/or web address, and an expiration date, we can't do anything about it. People know it and either 'borrow' one or straight up make fictitious ones.

I stop them for other violations whenever possible. 95% of the time they are bogus tags, no paperwork, no insurance. I always write for it. It's like fish in a barrel around here.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
Nice work! Which camera are you using?
My $15 ebay camera keeps melting. I need to upgrade.

I have the Garmin DriveAssist 50LMT.

The youtube video does no justice to the true clarity of the video. You can make out tags at that distance easily. It's expensive, but beyond worth the premium.

On a different note, Mr. I FUCKING HATE WHITE PEOPLE, is half white himself.

WHITE PEOPLE didn't cause this, he did it to himself.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34107 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Garmin DriveAssist 50LMT

Thanks for that info., Mars - that unit is now on my to-get list.

Edit to ask:

Does, or can, this unit film continuously?

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte

One constant aggravation around here is people buy cars and put BS temporary tags on them that can't be traced. In South Carolina dealerships provide temporary plates. As long as a plate has a dealer name, phone number and/or web address, and an expiration date, we can't do anything about it. People know it and either 'borrow' one or straight up make fictitious ones.

I stop them for other violations whenever possible. 95% of the time they are bogus tags, no paperwork, no insurance. I always write for it. It's like fish in a barrel around here.

Why is this not an arrestable offense?

Driving with no insurance and tag, license seems like a great way to murder someone and get away with it. We have one that killed a little girl in a school zone last week and they have no leads.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
quote:
Garmin DriveAssist 50LMT

Thanks for that info., Mars - that unit is now on my to-get list.

Edit to ask:

Does, or can, this unit film continuously?

Yes, in one minute clips.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Nice win...made my day. Thanks Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Great job! Here in SLC there is an incredible increase in the hit and runs as of late. I wish more people had these cameras.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post