SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Words which should be banned from forum subject lines:
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Words which should be banned from forum subject lines: Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
pahoehoe
I'll admit now that I had never seen that word before today.
I'm still trying to figure it out, and coming up blank.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30548 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I'm still trying to figure it out, and coming up blank.

Being a Hawaiʻi-ite, I knew about the lava angle. But did figure there was more to it.

https://www.urbandictionary.co...ne.php?term=pahoehoe

pahoehoe a pahoehoe is the creepy guy at parties who mixes drinks togther and stares at you ALLL NIGHT. you may call him a creeper

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

Anything related to being/getting "owned", as in "Man gets OWNED by police during traffic stop".

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The urban dictionary just sits around and makes crap up

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
The urban dictionary just sits around and makes crap up

A perfect job for disgraced politicians.

posted Hide Post
Rhynchokinesis

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
For a while people were adding patterns of characters like this:

~~^~~^~`````Subject`````~~~^~~^~~

or something like that. Glad that's done.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
9mm vs 45?

Posts: 14 | Registered: April 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Corona, Coronavirus. Wuhan. Woohoo flu. Any variety of this current Pandemic shit. Enough already. 16 threads on the 1st page of the Lounge directly related to it.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Corona, Coronavirus. Wuhan. Woohoo flu. Any variety of this current Pandemic shit. Enough already. 16 threads on the 1st page of the Lounge directly related to it.

Couldn't agree more!

(But not the "Kung-flu"... That still makes me giggle!)

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
"The Hive"

similar to "what do We like"...

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Italy

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
"...step inside"

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16268 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
We could turn our “corrector clan” into lonely Maytag repairmen just by never using the same word twice or repeating what someone else said. I’m just saying. Smile

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Amazing

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2828 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
And while we're on post rants, the decision to copy and paste long tracts in the blue color available on our text palette. For whatever reason it appears lighter than the color chip on the palette. It's hard on my eyes ESPECIALLY WHEN THE BACKGROUND IS OF THE LIGHTER COLOR, and I skip those posts entirely. ...

And while we're on post rants, the decision to copy and paste long tracts in the light blue color available on our text palette. It's hard on my eyes, and I skip those posts entirely ...

is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
And while we're on post rants, the decision to copy and paste long tracts in the blue color available on our text palette. For whatever reason it appears lighter than the color chip on the palette. It's hard on my eyes ESPECIALLY WHEN THE BACKGROUND IS OF THE LIGHTER COLOR, and I skip those posts entirely. ...

And while we're on post rants, the decision to copy and paste long tracts in the light blue color available on our text palette. It's hard on my eyes, and I skip those posts entirely ...

Hold my beer!

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
“School” used as a verb. Unless you’re talking about a location to teach, or a group of fish, use “teach.”

“School me on silencers.”

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:

“School” used as a verb. Unless you’re talking about a location to teach, or a group of fish, use “teach.”

“School me on silencers.”
I was going to agree with you, but on a whim I opened the dictionary app, and there it is, "school" as a verb:
quote:
verb

1 he was born in Paris and schooled in Lyon: educate, teach, instruct.

2 he schooled her in horsemanship: train, teach, tutor, coach, instruct, drill, discipline, direct, guide, prepare, groom; prime, verse.
Even though the dictionary shows it as a verb, it still grates on the ear.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30548 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Even though the dictionary shows it as a verb, it still grates on the ear.

just sayin' Wink

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post