SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Overseas Call Centers...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Overseas Call Centers... Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
Ouch. Big Grin

It's ok - I worked at Arthur 6 years out of college.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a call yesterday from a call center - you can tell by the blank space followed by the call route being opened. The caller had my name and said he was calling on behalf of AT&T - the problem was that my caller ID said it as a marine propeller company a few miles from me.

He also had a HEAVY accent - sounded east Indian to me.

I'm getting used to caller ID - finally upgraded my internet and home phone - moved my home phone to VOIP on their service. Never had it before. I was on a DSL line for many years - 6Mb download and 640 Kb upload. Moved to 75Mb download and 20Mb upload. Quite a speed difference, and now I can see who is calling. Amazing how many calls I'm getting from area codes I don't recognize.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
So, I had my own call center fun today. Razz

A week or so ago, I applied for a new credit card. I get an email saying it’s on its way. I also subscribe to the Post Office’s “Informed Delivery” service, and Monday get an email from the Post Office showing it’s in that day’s mail.

But it’s not. Now, it’s Thursday and it still hasn’t arrived. It seems it was lost or stolen somewhere in the mail system.

I know I’m not responsible for fraudulent charges, but I’d rather avoid the hassle of disputing them. So, I call the credit card company to let them know I never received the card.

My call goes to an overseas call center where the rep has a really heavy accent *and* a really shitty connection.

He can’t seem to grasp that I’m telling him that the card has been lost or stolen when I haven’t received it. After futilely trying to explain on a connection filled with static, I gave up and ended the call. Mad

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was working with a guy trying to fix my computer one evening about 9pm. He called me back around 4 am to tell me he had fixed the problem. I said don't you guys have any Eastern time zone clocks in Calcutta ?

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My mother passed last week. While helping my dad close out credit cards and deal with the life insurance I have my fill of talking to people in India.

There is no way and I mean no way my father could of navigated through the calls with these people.

I just remembered that the actual worse one was with Direct TV. This clown kept flipping through a script trying to upsell us until I told him we were not purchasing anything new period. Just wanted to add a TV.

It really needs to stop. I don't even want to think about how much personal information they have on us.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
These calls simply HAVE to stop. It's gotten totally out of hand. Same for having an issue with a US based company and talking to someone who can't speak english!

Had to call sirius xm a few weeks back to transfer from old to new vehicle a LIFETIME account we have had for years.

"so you wish to CANCEL the account on the Honda"/

Me; WHY would I cancel a FREE account? Do you understand the word TRANSFER?

Idiots.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Really, some simple rules. If you do bother to pick up the phone, if someone on the other end doesn't say hello back, just hang up. As I understand it, many if not most call centers spoof your call to another number. That should be illegal. No one in this neck of the woods speaks with a chinese or indian accent. I've considered chatting with them to waste their time. The chances of me buying an extended warranty or giving any medical information is as close to zero as it can get. OK, and I now hate foreigners. All the bastards. And any call from DC. No one there worth talking to. Why haven't our elected folks done anything? We didn't send them to Washington to pass laws that don't make sense, or inconvenience us.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post