SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Armslist Idiots
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Armslist Idiots Login/Join 
posted
I recently tried to sell a G19 Gen4, not something rare by any means and in demand so it should be a quick and painless transaction, or so I thought. The people that respond to the ad are the most moronic idiots I have had the displeasure of interacting with. One idiot wanted me to drive clear across the state to deliver the item to him. Another wanted me to give them more mags and free ammo. I found a good guy to deal with but the amount of out right morons is unbelievable. i tried to do something local for convenience and it was a major pain in the ass.

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You could have advertised it here. There are plenty of forum members in your area. You get charged no fees and idiots get dealt with PDQ.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
You could have advertised it here. There are plenty of forum members in your area. You get charged no fees and idiots get dealt with PDQ.

Yes sir, in hind sight it would have made more sense to post it here, I just assumed local would be easier, last time that I try that.

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Yes, one has to be willing to sift through the chaff on Armslist. That applies whether selling or buying.

I’ve done both on Armslist, but expectations are very low.

Posts: 6158 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
SIGforum contains minimal chaff

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Sigforum classifieds for sure the best and safest way.

Armslist and jasons guns (local gun sales board) are pretty sketchy here in New Mexico, alot of people end up getting robbed.

Posts: 1554 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have purchased but not sold anything here. Good & knowledgeable group of people here and Para runs a tight ship here. Inappropriate behavior is dealt with quickly.

Posts: 794 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I sold a Garand last week in less than an hour of posting it.

The first "I'll take it" with no bullshit got it.

It was the ONLY message I responded to. Yes there were assholes wanting certain cartouches that MUST be intact or they wouldn't consider full price and other shit like that.

Oh yeah, when the first line is "what's the lowest you'll go on it?", just block the sender. They will always complain after they finally agree to asking price.

Since he drove clear across the state, I threw in a bandolier of ammo to his surprise.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
As others have already stated, Sigforum is the ONLY good place to buy and sell these days... and has been for quite a while (decades?).

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Super Shooter:
I recently tried to sell a G19 Gen4, not something rare by any means and in demand so it should be a quick and painless transaction, or so I thought. The people that respond to the ad are the most moronic idiots I have had the displeasure of interacting with. One idiot wanted me to drive clear across the state to deliver the item to him. Another wanted me to give them more mags and free ammo.

Probably first time gun owners. The G19 is apparently the most popular handgun for newbies this year.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
There's no fucking about in the classifieds here.
RE: Local, I've posted many things here and sold to local buyers. It's a great way to meet some of the fine folks who patronize this site.

Keep that on your radar next time.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9687 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
SIGforum contains minimal chaff

Also minimal chafe.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post