SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    it's been brought to my attention, I've developed a character flaw
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

it's been brought to my attention, I've developed a character flaw Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I have so many flaws already I’d have to get rid of one to develop another.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
A hint for my character flaw:
“The perfect is the enemy of the good.”

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8930 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
It’s not a flaw-it’s a feature!

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
it's been broght to my attention, I've devloped a character flaw
I bet you're married.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
it's been broght to my attention, I've devloped a character flaw
I bet you're married.
I think you missed Bendable's post at the bottom of pg 1:
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
quote:
On a more serious note, who is the person who brought it to your attention?

*a sibling 15 years my senior. brought it to my attention.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

quote:
it's been brought to my attention, I've developed a character flaw

I bet you're married.

nope,
same lady for 34 years , I proposed twice, though.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54598 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:

I think you missed Bendable's post at the bottom of pg 1:
I saw that, but it just did not register. So yes, I missed the information.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin
it happens,
wait
what did I come in here for?
Big Grin

Posts: 54598 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
This coffee mug was my dad’s, but it was given to me when he passed away. Appropriate for both of us.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Look at it this way: You're bendable, but not breakable.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2836 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
If people are getting generally sloppier, lazier, dumber, and more annoying... well, how is that your fault?

Tell your older sibling you've also noticed that he/she is getting more soft in the middle and wrinkly. That should fix everything just right.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
The generally accepted term is "crotchety". As in "crotchety old man". Big Grin Curmudgeon is also an appropriate term, as presented by HRK.

Basically being grouchy, but in a somewhat endearing way.

It happens to most folks as they get older. Your brain-to-mouth filter starts to wear out as you age, and your ration of fucks to give dwindles away, so you start calling it as you see it, social graces be damned.

Think Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino.
That sir was excellent. I cant wait for it to happen to me.. Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just so we are clear,

you guys are saying I am normal ?

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And I thought it was just me and my wife?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
just so we are clear,

you guys are saying I am normal ?

Well I don't know if I'd go that far. Wink Big Grin

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Case in point:

Barb asked me to ride with her over to Davenport , to run a half dozen errands.

well, Davenport these days is a pot hole ridden ,under construction detour of a flooded big ass nightmare torture test for auto's.

Barb thinks her minivan can handle any crevice , any size, any depth , w/o any speed adjustment , what so ever.

she pounded the living piss out of her three y.o. van, never a brake, or swerve to ease the jolting .

I was getting pretty distraught,
but why ? it ain't my car.

she's ridden with me and know how easy I take it on the mini raveen's .

I said nothing as I grabbed the dash a couple of times

I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
If you said nothing during that ride - you aren't too crotchety yet...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
Ha ,I have reached that age where I don't give a shit about others feelings,be smarts ass to me and I dump it right back on you.
The time we have left is precious so use it wisely

Indeed. One of, if not the only, advantage to advancing age. I thought I was getting more tolerant...turns out I just don't give a shit.

Same here at almost 52 years old.
I take care of me, my daughter and family, my business and that's about it. Really don't give a rat's ass about anything else.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
I always keep one bad habit. Therefore, no on can refer to me as a, "Perfect Asshole."

“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable...”
― H.L. Mencken

-All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Posts: 4809 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post