SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    DOT regulations for a CDL
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DOT regulations for a CDL Login/Join 
posted
Pissing me off. Fart in the wrong direction and it’s doctors and paperwork. I’m waiting for the CDL permit for Advil.

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Yep. Logbook was off 45 minutes once last year. Only thing in the last 18 years. $700 ticket to California, and now insurance is going up another $500 to nearly $10,000 a year.

Screw it. Let everybody pay a dollar per pound for shipping. This society deserves it. You want European regulations (and costs), you got it.

After driving up costs due to regulations, the government will later open an investigation about price gouging in the trucking industry.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8215 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Want some real fun? I’m a Type 1 diabetic applying for one.

Last time I looked, there are ~247 others in the nation that have the required medical waiver.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Aviation medical certificate. Don't get me started. Mad

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DanPatWork
posted Hide Post
Don't go in for a fed med physical without the expectation that you will be required to do a sleep apnea test, take home or overnight in a sleep study.

In the past 6 years our company of aprx. 60 drivers has seen the push for this testing increase. I could understand a few here or there but not more than 3/4 of them every physical.

I see this as either a money scam from the examiners or the intentional push to eliminate drivers through medical restriction/harassment. Some people just won't take the tests, others don't trust the results, and it's driving the costs of licensing up.

Posts: 284 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: June 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
So I have a question about that... hypothetically speaking.
Say I have high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, and diagnosed sleep apnea.
Am taking medication for the first two, and sleep with the mask every night, no exceptions.
In other words, am being treated for these conditions.
Could I get a CDL?

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3141 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
if your doctor believes that it’s all under control they might sign off on it.

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post