SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Classic Brands That Just Are No Good Anymore?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic Brands That Just Are No Good Anymore? Login/Join 
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Another negative vote for Black & Decker.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Schwinn

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 1991 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
Whirlpool
Kenmore
GE
Maytag

Our first dryer lasted 25 years. The last 3 have lasted about 5 years each.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1351 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 81chop
posted Hide Post
Have to agree with most names listed, especially Levis. Belt loops ripping off right away, thin material, and the seam in the crotch blows out.

I work in a metals shop, so here's one not mentioned.

Cincinnati Press Brakes. Apparently, they used to be really good. I run a newer one and do not like it. It may be fast and fairly smooth, but the negatives outweigh the positives. There's some days I just want to haul it out for scrap.

Posts: 110 | Location: Central WI | Registered: March 22, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Optima batteries
Remington firearms
Ranch Style beans

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trojan

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Roman Catholicism

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Blue jeans - most brands.

When I was a kid they were all so thick and tough you could stand a new pair up in the corner.
We'd wear them to play yard football and play in the creek and have a bike wreck etc., and the jeans would rarely rip or get holes. New denim gets a hole in it the first time a blackberry stalk grabs your leg...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I'm sure there are other brands I quit buying, but the only thing I can think of is cigarettes.

In the mid-1980's, it seemed to me that cigarettes lost some of their taste. Maybe it was me, but I think they started adding fillers. I changed to several different brands but they all tasted bad.

It didn't take long for me to quit once they no longer tasted good, considering the price and health concerns.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most recently for me, Filson. Total and complete utter crap.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Dairy Queen - ever since the image overhaul, and maybe a bit before, their products are aggressively mediocre.

Posts: 1997 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
Trojan

Now, there's a scary thought! Eek

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jack32586
posted Hide Post
Special Operations- Part of being good, is keeping your mouth shut, not writing a book, doing an interview or starting a consulting firm everytime a cool mission get some press.

Posts: 203 | Location: S/W Florida | Registered: October 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to add New Balance shoes to this thread. For years they've advertised that they make their product in the USA, but I've been wearing them for about 4 or 5 years now and they're all from Asia.

Not only that, but they're infamous for poor quality control in terms of sizing, and I finally got an example of that. I ordered some size 10D hiking shoes and they're way too tight. I don't trust that returning them for 10-1/2's will solve the problem, so I'll just wear them around the home until they stretch or I get fed up and toss them.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
^^^not ALL from Asia-the 577 walking shoe is US made. If you buy from Joe's New Balance outlet, the description gives the country of manufacture.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Remington and Marlin. Oh, and MacBook Pros.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
^^^not ALL from Asia-the 577 walking shoe is US made...

How high is the heel on that one? I had to return a pair of 669's because they wouldn't grip my foot properly.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
Doc Marten boots and shoes. Use to be great when they were made in the UK. When they outsourced to China, the quality went to shit. Apparently you can still buy UK made ones, but at a $$$.

Posts: 1694 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
They stay on my feet perfectly. No slippage on the heel at all. I particularly like them because they have generous toe room.

Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
Delta Airlines

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post