SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Classic Brands That Just Are No Good Anymore?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic Brands That Just Are No Good Anymore? Login/Join 
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
Woolrich

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Craftsman
GM
Ford
Chevy
Bridgeport

Don't know about the others, but Ford today is a lot better than Ford of say 25 years ago. Cars today drive better and for the most part are more reliable...save maybe Chrysler. Dad used to drive Chryslers and they were reliable, but since about the 70s, not so much.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Seen ford cam phasers malfunction and destroy the engines in new trucks along with unconnected hoses and lack of fluids in NEW vehicles.

Ford is complete shit with GM and Dodge.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34082 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
How about all bathroom sink faucet brands? What was metal is now plastic.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
not really a classic, but i have a lennox air conditioner that crapped out after about six years of use. Dont worry the warranty was only good for five. Funny how that happens.

Posts: 377 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creedbratton2:
not really a classic, but i have a lennox air conditioner that crapped out after about six years of use. Dont worry the warranty was only good for five. Funny how that happens.
Rear shock absorbers on a Mercedes got wonky, just a couple hundred miles out of warranty. Dealer said "too bad, dude."

I wrote a letter to corporate telling them to give a big promotion and raise to the engineer who spec'd that part. I told them that if he had picked anything better, it would have cost Mercedes more money for the parts. Anything cheaper and they would have crapped out earlier, costing Mercedes for the warranty replacement. This engineer did a perfect job of selecting the cheapest ones that would make it past the warranty period, this saving the company a shit-ton of dollars ... no, make that a metric shit-ton of Deutsch Marks.

The dealer who had told me "tough luck" subsequently contacted me and told me to bring the car in for no-cost replacement with up-graded shock absorbers.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Girl Scout Thin Mints.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stanley tape measures is another one. When I first started in construction in the mid 70's you bought one Stanley 25 footer and that was the last one you needed to buy for a long time. Back then if there was a problem with the tape measure you could take it into any store that sold Stanley tape measures and they would give you a new one. Tapes would last me years in rain, snow, and mud....now if you get one wet you have to dry the tape off or it will delaminate and no more freebies.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
...The dealer who had told me "tough luck" subsequently contacted me and told me to bring the car in for no-cost replacement with up-graded shock absorbers.

One reason I had to give up on M-B was dealership arrogance. They refused to fix an issue with the electrical system that was killing the battery, even though it was a recall issue, because I wasn't the original owner. Next, they refused to replace a front strut because they "didn't have the right M-B tools."

I forget the third issue, but I ended up junking the car with only about 110,000 miles on it after a minor accident because it wasn't worth the aggravation to repair it.

Experiences with my earlier M-B were nearly 180 degrees different.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Censored:
Delta Airlines

You know, I've always had great luck with Delta and it was my preferred airline.

Given their new commercial that's out now, I won't give them another dime.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
Craftsman was the first to come to mind, but since that's been mentioned already I'll add Hershey's. Call me picky but I'd prefer for chocolate bars to actually contain chocolate.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Vise grips dam things are made in china now only good Petersen dewitt ones left are on ebay for crazy prices.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
Little Debbies.

In my youth the cookies were rich and sweet with molasses... the cream filling was dense and luscious.

Today, the cookies are bland and sweetened with cloying corn sweetener and the filling is half air trapped among cheap sugar crystals.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1589 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seiko wristwatches.

I've had two and the wifey has had one. All were absolute garbage. Seiko's customer service was non-existent. Never, ever again.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, great! My Seiko 5 is due to be delivered tomorrow.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:

I'm wearing a Seiko 5 I bought last year. It's running great.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Black and Decker
Porter-Cable
DeWalt

Man, talk about a textbook cause & effect.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:

I'm wearing a Seiko 5 I bought last year. It's running great.

I'm sure. If you've been following the watch thread in the Gallery, there are several members with S-5's who are all happy with them, which is why I ordered one.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I am pretty pleased with my Japanese market Seiko Dolce.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Seiko makes a fine watch.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post