SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    In laws getting the boy a RZR!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In laws getting the boy a RZR! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Well apparently some sort of deal has been worked out with the oldest boy and the in-laws. Apparently they are getting the boy a RZR.
Honestly that is fantastic. The rub is now I am going to have to get one to which of course will need to be big enough for the wife and other boys.
Don’t know too much about them aside from they are silly expensive for what they are.
I like Yamaha as the Kodiak has been flawless for years.
Looks like the Viking VI is their current 6 seater with a bed. Guess I’ll take a peak at the used market but I know these things are selling like hot cakes currently so doubt there are many deals out there.
Then of course I’ll need a trailer. This is going to cost me.

Looking at these things hopefully they’ll get the boy the 150 Ranger as it has the utility bed.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the Yamaha Wolverine X4. 2018 and newer, they have a ten year belt warranty. We bought one last November, parked it for the winter, have 1600 trouble free miles so far. The only complaint I have is getting in and out, and it's really no big deal. We picked ours up for $14,700 not including the options I wanted.

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Plan on spending 20-30k and good luck finding one. With the China Virus keeping everyone at home, side by sides are another item in short supply. If you can’t wait, you will likely pay a premium for it.

We picked up the Polaris 1000 Rock and Trail and really like it. It’s only a two seater though. Sounds like you need a 4 seater.

Doing my research, I heard the ride was not as smooth in the Yamaha or the Honda Talon. That may have changed as Yamaha did some updating this year.

Also, side by sides are like boats. Just be sure to put part of your paycheck aside every week to pay for accessories and replacement parts.

Good luck in your search

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Looking for a 6 seater actually. That way we can all hit the big trails sometimes. It will be awhile before the oldest takes the 150 on any trails of note.
But they’ll all want to go so need to make sure we have room for all 5 of us.

————————————————

This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that will limit your choices.

Here is a link to an old Dirt Trax episode that compare the Polaris to the Can Am. It’s old but has good info

Link

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:

Also, side by sides are like boats. Just be sure to put part of your paycheck aside every week to pay for accessories and replacement parts.

That hasn't been my experience. Accessories, of course, are completely under your control. You can go nuts or drive it bone stock. I've had my RZR for 3 years and have had zero repair costs. I do my annual maintenance and that's it.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
This Kawasaki seems like a pretty solid contender

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/PYSPazttFV0

————————————————

This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:

That hasn't been my experience. Accessories, of course, are completely under your control. You can go nuts or drive it bone stock. I've had my RZR for 3 years and have had zero repair costs. I do my annual maintenance and that's it.

Yeah, I misread the intent of the OP. If he was getting a sport model, the amount of accessories and add ons is much more then the utility versions. It’s fun and expensive to customize the machines.

Sport models tend to get abused more since the drivers want to go fast or take long jumps, etc. drive normal and it won’t break so often.

Black, the Mule looks like it is exactly what you looking for. That was a good review.

is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
That mule isn't going to run with a RZR. I have a 2018 Mule Pro FXR & it's strictly utility, but it's great at that, IMO. I have it up at my cabin & I use it for every kind of work I do up there. Hauling firewood, dumping bed, rolling toolbox, & just casually rolling up & down the trails.

In fact, the guy I bought it from sold it for exactly that reason. He thought he was getting a machine to run trails with his buddies' Can-Ams & RZRs.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Yes for now more looking for the utility work style setup. Mostly used for work around the property but have the capability to do some off-road trails.
Not looking to do crazy speed or jumps. Kids are all still pretty small. Just something we can strap a cooler in the back and go explore outside maybe find some creeks and the like.

————————————————

is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
^^^ Then I'd second the recommendation of a Mule as a solid choice.

It is exactly that.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
This Kawasaki seems like a pretty solid contender

My dad has this model and he likes it, but it is a TANK. Also there is a recall on some of these where something in the steering brakes and you loose all control. My dad almost road off a cliff when something broke underneath and now there is a recall for it. It has plenty of power, but not real easy to navigate the trails in the woods.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/PYSPazttFV0

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Yes for now more looking for the utility work style setup. Mostly used for work around the property but have the capability to do some off-road trails.
Not looking to do crazy speed or jumps. Kids are all still pretty small. Just something we can strap a cooler in the back and go explore outside maybe find some creeks and the like.

I outfitted and maintain all 10 of the Mules used by Santa Clara PD at Levi's Stadium. These will fit the bill for what you want to do. They are quite capable, easy to drive, and easy to maintain.

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
We have a Honda Pioneer SXS 700 M4 passenger. I took it yesterday for its first service and we love it. The 1000 is a 5 passenger.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I had a Polaris Razor. It was pretty awesome and I enjoyed it a lot. I think if I could go back I probably would have gone with a Can Am. I prefer the styling of the Can Am. Either way, it’ll be a lot of fun.

Now looking for a six seater... that’s more of the Ranger lineup, not the Razor. Still gets you out and about, but not as fast, and not as stylish. But you do get a bed you can put a bunch of crap in.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WE have had a RAZOR 4 800 4 seater for about 5 years. It runs great, gets great mileage and is fast and fun to drive. I do not think they make them like this one anymore. Seems like they are now wider and 900cc. Gee, I can go over 65, that seems powerful enough for me and the wife. The wider they are, the less trails you can ride.
Ours is a limited Edition one. Different color, shocks interior and the rest of the suspension.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Ranger 150 was ordered for the boy. Saying should be October he wants the green but said they’ll take what they can get.

As for me it will be quite awhile before I have one. It’s a toy and toys get paid for in cash so I’ll be saving for a bit.

I would not be surprised if the father in law buys him one after the boy’s.

————————————————