SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Acknowledge That You Received Whatever
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Acknowledge That You Received Whatever Login/Join 
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Parent(s) don't teach their kids basic courtesy skills anymore. We have 20 nieces and nephews since I wife came from a large family. We used to send all of them Christmas, birthday and graduation cards with a little money in them. Only one family with two young boys ever acknowledged the gifts. So we quit sending anything.
I'd do the same. To me it's a sign that they are either ungrateful, expect it, or take it for granted. Fuck 'em.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Max, I couldn't agree with you more. Happened to me more than a few times.

But, here is one even better that annoys the heck out of me.

I have had members on here and elsewhere, out of the blue, email/PM me with questions regarding some items for sale here or there, or the values of their items, or info on something, etc... I always gladly helped them out, spelling out my thought process. But, some of them never bothered to even acknowledge that they received my response. And, these are the ones that I never had prior interactions with previously. Asked question, received response, and just disappeared. Mad And, you can't use that SPAM folder excuse, because you are the one who contacted me first, not the other way around. Hey, I don't need or want a thank you. Just a simple acknowledgement that you received my response to questions. Common courtesy, you know? Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I try to over communicate when dealing online. I send pictures of stuff packed up and shipping documents etc. I always let folks know when I receive payment and my estimated shipping time, KARMA or otherwise.

I am sure I have dropped a ball or three but really try to communicate and be as transparent as possible.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just happened here in the last week.

When the item ships I send an email asking the buyer to- "Please let me know when it arrives safely and that it meets your expectations".

The response from the Buyer closes the transaction in my mind. I can spend the money and move on.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post