SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Acknowledge That You Received Whatever
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Acknowledge That You Received Whatever Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted
I have been on several forums for about 15 years. I have sold and bought things and I have even given things away.

What I don't understand is why someone can't send a email or PM to say "I got your check or I got the magazine, barrel, etc".

I am probably older than most here and maybe I was brought up in a different and more polite era. Common courtesy says you should let the other person know.

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good point. Some people lack basic social skills. Courtesy and good manners still exist.

Posts: 17224 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Agreed. I sold a NF-scope on another forum and never heard a peep from the dude after it shipped. I know it arrived and I guess if he was unhappy he'd bitch around it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I agree with you 100% max. I always email someone to let them know when I receive something and appreciate when they do the same.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
"I sent you a USPS MO, if you don't hear from the postmaster general for mail fraud that means I received the item"

Actual quote from someone on a GTO forum whom I sold something recently.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
V. Benedíc nos Dómine et haec Túa dóna quae de Túa largitáte súmus sumptúri. Per Chrístum Dóminum nóstrum.
Ámen.

Posts: 2539 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I read your post.
Thank you. Smile

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by senza nome:

V. Benedíc nos Dómine et haec Túa dóna quae de Túa largitáte súmus sumptúri. Per Chrístum Dóminum nóstrum.
Ámen.
Bacon ipsum dolor amet burgdoggen rump pastrami beef ribs capicola sirloin chicken flank ham hock pork pork belly corned beef ham ground round tongue. Short ribs rump tail kevin. Ground round alcatra prosciutto porchetta tail tongue short loin rump pork t-bone jerky strip steak meatloaf. Tongue spare ribs prosciutto jerky bacon, cow meatball brisket doner buffalo alcatra. Jowl kevin sirloin meatball ball tip bresaola. Meatball bresaola corned beef, capicola leberkas short loin bacon. Corned beef ham hock spare ribs, swine leberkas meatloaf kielbasa short loin fatback filet mignon hamburger pig porchetta turkey beef ribs.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Guess that observation fits in perfectly with the social media/hipster no more thank you notes for sent funeral flowers and monetary gifts.

I have been told that "they" seem to feel in 2019 that a “thank you” on @#$@#%@# Facebook is sufficient.
Only problem is- the considerate older folks who sent the flowers/gifts are not on FB...

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I read your post.
Thank you. Smile

Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
If we did business together, you are most welcome.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I read your post.
Thank you. Smile

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
...have even given things away...

This part, the part where the recipient can't muster up twenty seconds to e-mail "Hey, I got that thing you GAVE ME. Thanks again!" is disappointing and annoying.

Posts: 2459 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Parent(s) don't teach their kids basic courtesy skills anymore. We have 20 nieces and nephews since I wife came from a large family. We used to send all of them Christmas, birthday and graduation cards with a little money in them. Only one family with two young boys ever acknowledged the gifts. So we quit sending anything.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
Should be a common courtesy. I recently sent my payment for an item to a member and followed up with, not one, but two emails asking if he got it. Still no reply so I guess he got it.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2407 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am more often than not very prompt about this
but was remiss during my last exchange, by about a week.

I apologized,
its not easy not having a computer just in the other room.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54606 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by senza nome:

Ámen.
Bacon ipsum dolor amet burgdoggen rump pastrami beef ribs capicola sirloin chicken flank ham hock pork pork belly corned beef ham ground round tongue. Short ribs rump tail kevin. Ground round alcatra prosciutto porchetta tail tongue short loin rump pork t-bone jerky strip steak meatloaf. Tongue spare ribs prosciutto jerky bacon, cow meatball brisket doner buffalo alcatra. Jowl kevin sirloin meatball ball tip bresaola. Meatball bresaola corned beef, capicola leberkas short loin bacon. Corned beef ham hock spare ribs, swine leberkas meatloaf kielbasa short loin fatback filet mignon hamburger pig porchetta turkey beef ribs.

"Klaatu barada nikto"

But yup indeed to the OP. Aggravates the crap out of me. Can't say I've NEVER been remiss, but it'd be a damned rare event.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Corollary to the OP's bitch:

Post something for sale on DeathCraigslist.

Somebody emails and says "Is your widget still for sale?"

You reply "Yes"

Crickets.......

I used to keep those emails thinking there'd be a brief exchange requesting pictures or for you to give it to them and throw in free delivery or whatever.

Now I just answer, delete the mail and fuggedabouddit.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Definitely one of my pet peeves as well. If you can maintain communication long enough to arrange payment, why can’t you send one last message to confirm receipt of the item.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
Drives me crazy. I had my own post on here about lack of feedback and people ghosting you after you ship something. No common courtesy. Another thing that drives me up a wall is when you hold a door for someone or let someone back out of a spot for what seems like forever. No acknowledgement. Give a little thanks or wave. I have double doors at work and if someone is behind me and I don't get a thanks for holding the first door, I let the second one go right into them. It's like most drivers on the road. Too buried in themselves (or their phones) to care what is going on around them. I only see this getting worse with the passage of time.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Corollary to the OP's bitch:

Post something for sale on DeathCraigslist.

Somebody emails and says "Is your widget still for sale?"

You reply "Yes"

Crickets.......

I used to keep those emails thinking there'd be a brief exchange requesting pictures or for you to give it to them and throw in free delivery or whatever.

Now I just answer, delete the mail and fuggedabouddit.

That is so prevalent, there should be a filtering algorithm that when that question is sent with no other text, it wouldn't even pass it on to you. It could be an option, in case you like wasting your time for about a 0.0000000000000000000000000001% chance of selling your item.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post