SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Corporate Workplace Relationships/Friendships
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Corporate Workplace Relationships/Friendships Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Funny you should mention the twenty minute thing. Brought back memories of my decision to retire almost two years ago.

I was hating the daily drive going to work, that had been happening for the last couple of years. When I started hating to drive home at night, that was the final straw.

Nothing going on at home to cause that, just dreading the drive because I knew that thirteen hours from then I would be back on the road heading back to the shitshow again.

Douglas MacArthur: “Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”

Posts: 5703 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
That's a toxic work culture there. Something like that can only be fixed from the top. If the people at the top don't fix it, that means they condone it.

I concur.

It’s the culture, dar185, and it starts from the top down. There is nothing you can do about it. Update your resume and start looking.

Posts: 6169 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dar185:

I am glad that I am not the only one who suffers from a work environment as toxic and demoralizing as I work in.

We have about 16 or so people in our office and it is a snake pit.

That office has the lowest morale of any place I have ever been, even AFG where they were trying to blow us up all the time.

It cannot be changed, and it is not worth the effort to even try. I have already put my two weeks ins. I will be gone by the end of April.

Posts: 982 | Location: Leaving Richmond and heading to NC | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I have nightmares all the time from a job I quit 34 years ago no kidding, that's why I'm self employed with no employees.

Posts: 4872 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post