SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The beginning of a new decade...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The beginning of a new decade... Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted
... is a year away. Roll Eyes

Seriously, why is math so hard? Would people pushing this crap accept payment with a nine dollar bill?

The millennium BS was bad enough, but at least they had an excuse of selling more beer.

Damn, I guess I'm getting old and started looking for something to bitch about.

Happy New Year! And um, yeah, nobody seems to celebrate the new year on Dec. 1st, so it could be worse...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
We didn't even start keeping track of AD/BC until what, the 5th or 6th century? Who knows what mistakes were made before then.

I'd rather think of a decade as x0-x9 than think about 1980 as being in the '70s.

Posts: 3655 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
I'd rather think of a decade as x0-x9 than think about 1980 as being in the '70s.
Agreed.

2000 is in the 90's? Nah.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Your logic is flawed.

"0" is the beginning of the year of "1"

The actual count is:

yyyy.dd.MM.hh.mm.ss

Year(s),day(s),Month(s)hours,minutes.

So at one second after midnight, you are one second in year "1" of the second decade of 2000. That first year ends on Midnight 2020, and the second year begins, 2021 and one second.

Just as a person is "1 year old" at end of their "0" year.

The "end" of Zero (as if) is the beginning point of the integer 1.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Decades begin with years ending in 0. Centuries and Millennia begin with years ending in 1. It's counter-intuitive but that's how it's counted.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
What difference does it make? A new decade, oh wow!!!!!!!!! The got damn mortgage still has to be paid, I still have to go to work, still have to drive my ass up to the grocery store every week. Nothing changes but some bullshit on tv yacking about it. Ignore it, move on. Most of society is wrapped around some bullshit.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I just wonder what the twenty-teens decade will be remembered for. Not music, not movies, not TV, not hair styles. Not cars. Smart phones is all I got.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
I just wonder what the twenty-teens decade will be remembered for. Not music, not movies, not TV, not hair styles. Not cars. Smart phones is all I got.

And apps. #imbeciles. IG Influencer assholes, etc. Kids to Grandpa all hooked on the got damn internet phone like a junkie on heroin. The apps, the net, is their reality. The real world is the fake one to them. 10 years ago we didn’t have all this bullshit with everyone looking down, even when they drive vehicles down the freeway. People don’t even talk to each other anymore. They use a screen keyboard and keep it to a certain amount of characters. I saw a lady at the gym today, a grown woman of 40, using both her thumbs texting, I mean it look like Flash Gordon.

I’d give anything to shut all the phones off for a few days just to look at everyone and laugh as they flip the fuck out. Ohmygerd, my phone doesn’t work! They’d lose their fucking minds. I think many would kill themselves. To me it’s an epidemic that spawned over the last 10 years and just gains speed every year. Follow us on Instacrap, like us on Fakebook, Twat me on the twatter. Make sure you subscribe and click that deal so you get INSTANT notifications. I’ve talked to young folks this year, they are just fine watching films on their phones and don’t see the need for a tv, or go to the movies. Their whole life is on that got damn phone. So sad.

Brought to you by Carl’s Jr.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Screw decalf, try Quaaludes...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I never thought about this until now.....

damnit..

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Screw decalf, try Quaaludes...
Classic.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I have not thought about this either.

More concerned about the year 2525.

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:...

More concerned about the year 2525. ...

Not me. I got plans.

posted Hide Post
2020, the end of a new decade or beginning of a new one?

There are some great arguments for both, several here and a ton of then online.

I've read the ones here and a lot of those on line and have come to this conclusion...I don't care.

Regardless, whichever it turns out to be, no matter which camp is right, it ain't gonna change my life one bit and there are lots of other things for me to be concerned about.

Like finding a Sig Romeo Zero to put on my XL.

Like making sure the pork roast and sauerkraut is perfect for dinner so my wife is pleased with me.

Bob

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post

My deceased father and his now deceased brother are pondering the situation...

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Your avatar picture is huge

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post