SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Hating to finish a good book.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hating to finish a good book. Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
I like long books with short chapters.
I like to read after I go to bed, and if the chapters are around 30 pages long, that’s just about right. I hate to stop before the end of a chapter.

Yeah, I hear you there. The only exception to this being with certain authors who leave every chapter as a cliff-hanger. Tim Dorsey is a good example of this. I rarely finish a chapter with him where I don't immediately want to find out what's going on and go ahead and turn the page. Thankfully, he likes to jump around between characters a fair bit, so one chapter will end as a cliff-hanger and the next will pick up someone else in the storyline and I can feel ok about placing a bookmark and turning off the light. Razz

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I would agree and have reread my favorites 10s of times.

The only exception was a book on the 900+ day siege of Stalingrad, it was literally the daily dispatches. It was so dry I would fall asleep after 3-5 pages..

The gulag archipelago was a close 2nd

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just finished three audiobooks on the space program in the past month, dam good. I have six more lined up in Audible.

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post