SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Why Can't I Embed Videos???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why Can't I Embed Videos??? Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted
It's only on this forum, but it's the case with every browser I've tried. I can add URLs, IMGs, and Email addresses, but for the life of me, I can't add videos. When I click the video button in the editor, rather than get the dialog box to paste in the video URL, I just get the FLASH VIDEO and /FLASH VIDEO placeholders. I can paste the URL between them, but still no video.

What in blue blazes is going on here? If no one could do it, I'd suspect some bug in the BB code. But I see others doing it with abandon.

This is my one big bugaboo about SigForum. I can't seem to find out a resolution to this issue

Grrr.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
You have to paste the "embedded" code for a flash video.

For example, the following is the embed code for a Youtube video.

<iframe width="1263" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Fbax9ZOsnZc" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

All the code between the <iframe yada yada yada to the / iframe> must be posted inside the "Video" FLASH_VIDEO tags.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43877 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Sigmonkey is correct...

In Youtube to grab the embedded code...
  • Click ➦SHARE
  • Click EMBED
  • Click COPY
  • Paste this between the FLASH_VIDEO tags as shown below.

[FLASH VIDEO] Paste the copied code string here. [/FLASH VIDEO]

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16347 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
You have to paste the "embedded" code for a flash video.
So easy, a caveman monkey can do it!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
V-Tail nailed it. The ONLY way to fly here. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some of us quiet idiots out here also thank you for the info.

Always wondered why I couldn't post videos. Now, to use it before I forget will be the next challenge:-)

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
Now, to use it before I forget will be the next challenge:-)

It usually takes me about 3 tries before the candle starts to brighten and I remember the proper steps. Wink

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Go to your youtube clip

See the button "SHARE"? Click on it (might take a couple of clicks) This little window will pop up:

Click on "EMBED" and this bigger window will show up:

Copy the entire embed code and paste into the "FLASH VIDEO" tags located in the editing bar.

I usually will also post a URL link to the clip.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post