SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Amazon – the bad and the good
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon – the bad and the good Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
I ordered these neat condiment spoons:

www.amazon.com/dp/B074DQPPXQ/r..._api_i_7EP0EbGT1NK22

Amazon claimed that they were delivered, but the “delivery” photo was no place in my condo complex. I explained that in an email to Jeff@amazon.com. The result, from one of Jeff’s helpers:

* He reordered the spoons, with no charge for the replacement order.
* As “sorry about that” gesture, the charge for my original order was canceled.

Pretty decent response, I think.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8949 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Haha, my wife ordered something and received the photo of packages in front of another door - like 10 packages.

She called and, basically, was told the driver would not return to make the correction nor would they tell her which address (to prevent confrontations). She got a refund. Then I looked at the photo...

It was the house two doors down (Joe's house) at the opening of the cul-de-sac. Went down there and found our package. Oh and of the other 9 packages, only one belonged to Joe. The rest belonged to four other neighbors up the at the top of the cul-de-sac. Driver was too lazy to drive up the hill and deal with the cul-de-sac.

Since Joe n company weren't home, and he has a nice camera setup, I have him a call to explain why he might see my mug taking all those packages.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I love Amazon. I hate Amazon. Depends on the day.

Case in point? Ordered a fly line from them that was in "new/unused" condition, but since someone opened the package before returning it, I could get it for $38 instead of the $99 that Rio (ridiculously, I might add) charges for a fly fishing line these days. The order was on May 18, the description only said of shipping that it "ships in a few days." Today is the 2nd of June, and I'm still waiting. Technically that IS a few days, from a cosmic point of view, but it sucks to bait me into paying before you say "you get to wait half a month of fishing weather" before we're gonna send it.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post