SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I was attacked by an overly friendly Rottie:
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I was attacked by an overly friendly Rottie: Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
People need to control their animals. Dogs that big can hurt you easily even on accident or from aggressive friendliness.

I had a Chow and he was not friendly. I made sure to keep him under control, because that dog would eat your spleen no question. But I knew that and controlled him properly.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
I was serving a suboena at a witnesses home. Knocked on the door and a 6 or 7 y.o. boy opens the door followed by the sound of nails sliding across the wood floor. The young Rottie stops with its head about an inch away from my crotch and stands there stiff legged. The lady of he house comes up and pulls its head away, smiles at me and says, "That silly dog!" The only thing I could say was, "Yup. Silly."

Posts: 4801 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I was delivering pizza in college. Came up and parked in a driveway. Two dobermans came around from behind the house and stood outside my car door. Very calm and quiet.

I finally decide to risk it and get out. They follow me to the front door - one on my left and one on my right, each about two ft behind my legs.

Lady opens the door and looks at the dogs and they both turn and go back to the back yard again. Never a bark or noise.

I felt sure that had she said something in particular they would have eaten me.

I do know that they can be nice dogs too. Had a friend with a really sweet dobby...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
My Rot is cool, unless you are from South America or have a hat on. I have no explanation.
. My last borzoi hated Mexicans. Ask the Comcast guy.

Posts: 1579 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I have a fairly long driveway. I once came home to a box about halfway down it right in the middle. UPS driver wrote on it "Neighbors dogs out". They are two Rottweilers that are friendly and stay in their yard. He dumped and ran. No one else has ever had an issue and I get a ton of packages.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
I have a fairly long driveway. I once came home to a box about halfway down it right in the middle. UPS driver wrote on it "Neighbors dogs out". They are two Rottweilers that are friendly and stay in their yard. He dumped and ran. No one else has ever had an issue and I get a ton of packages.

I have a co-worker who is deathly afraid of dogs and refuses to deliver to homes with dogs visible. Perhaps the same thing with your UPS driver.

This morning I was making a delivery to a house. The owner and his dog were on the porch. The dog comes bounding out and--just like the Rottweiler from yesterday--starts trying to tackle me. The owner doesn't even react even though he's watching me walk up. I got so pissed I just dropped the package in his driveway and walked away. The owner called after me, "Oh, he's just trying to be friendly." Well that's great, you sonovabitch, but your dog is trying to knock me down while I'm carrying shit. Fuck you.

This afternoon I was making a delivery to a house that isn't on my usual route. I pulled into the driveway and stopped at the garage. There was a large, shaggy dog sitting by the front door barking its head off at me. Since it wasn't moving from the front door and the gate to the property had been left open, I figured the dog wasn't going to be aggressive. I was wrong. I didn't get bitten but the dog certainly didn't appreciate that I seemed to stay longer than it felt was warranted.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
The only dogs I truly worry about are chihuahuas. I've been bitten multiple times

My wife refers to them (and their like) as "kicking dogs", as in that is what you have to do, usually, to keep a loose one from biting your ankles. I was bit by one once, while on a walk and the dog was running free (belonged to a roofer who was working on the house I was passing). We had a long talk about letting such a dog run free, and about the current rabies vaccinations, etc., because it did break my skin through my socks. Some of them can be nasty little suckers. I hardly saw it coming because he ran up so fast and just bit before I knew it. Never showed any aggressive signs like snarling.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
only bite i've ever gotten was from a very small dog.

I'm still scared of the big ones - cause a bite from one of them is going to do a lot more damage.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
If I don't know a dog, I don't deal with it. Just smile and wave, keep on walking.

I love the people with the little yippie 15lb ankle biters, who think their dog is the cutest thing on 4 legs. When you ask them to get the dog, they respond something like, "What are you afraid of a little dog?" My usual response is "No, but I am worried about getting wrapped up in their leash and falling down your steps". They have a deer in the headlights look, "Oh, I didn't think of that..."

Even a 15lb dog can rip a $50 pair of pants.

I love dogs, but I don't get paid to deal with them. In fact, I can get suspended for walking into a yard with an unleashed dog...

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
My neighbor used to have a huge rottie named bear. Also super friendly. He’d walk between your legs and basically try to knock you down. Probably for easier licking access lol...

Actual aggressive big dogs I hate, as well as their owners. I gave up riding my bike because of dogs and their moron owners. I almost had to shoot a dog in front of two kids because the asshole father couldn’t control it.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I got into a car once to drive it into the shop and felt something warm and wet in my ear. I turned to see a Doberman Pinscher licking me. Lot's wife had nothing on me at that moment. Big Grin I'm glad the dog was friendly, but the owner, who had said nothing about having a dog in the car, should have been considerate enough to tell me.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
I have always exerted control over my dogs, as I certainly didn’t want any kind of lawsuit from them going off on delivery personnel. Of course, most of mine were the usual, barking, growling, stay off my property you intruder! Then there was the exception...one big, goofy german Shepherd, who just loved everybody. I KNEW he was not ever going cause an issue, so when the next delivery guy showed and I was home I explained my case, and introduced the dog to him. All parties happy, doggie got treats, and looked forward to a delivery. He would actually run up to the truck, and jump in the open door, and greet the driver happily. But I took the time to explain, I didn’t just let him loose. Sadly, he’s passed on, but I miss him and his goofy self. The one I have now, is the ‘how dare you intrude on my turf’ type again. So, no chance I’m gonna let him loose. If I have a delivery scheduled, he stays inside, or I watch him like a hawk just in case. We live in the country, so luckily long driveway, and I can see and hear approaching vehicles fairly quickly before they actually show up at the door.

Posts: 1124 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I've had many dogs over the years, including a Rotty. He was probably one of the sweetest dogs I've owned. I had a Samoyed that was a great dog but was very protective of the kids. I couldn't even swat one of them without her growling at me.

The only bite dog I've ever owned is the one I own now. She's half dachshund and half pit bull, and she WILL bite. Super strong and aggressive too. It takes two or three people just to cut her toenails.

I have to lock her in the bedroom when we have company. The only reason I've kept her is because she is such a great watchdog and I live way out in the country.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I had to deliver a package to the Rottweiler's house again. This time, the owner rushed out of her house just as the dog leapt up onto the door and tried to climb inside with me. She confirmed that other service workers give the dog treats and he expects them. I felt so sorry for her, as she weighed about the same as the dog and he was dragging her around the truck after me. Big Grin

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I got into a car once to drive it into the shop and felt something warm and wet in my ear. I turned to see a Doberman Pinscher licking me. Lot's wife had nothing on me at that moment. Big Grin I'm glad the dog was friendly, but the owner, who had said nothing about having a dog in the car, should have been considerate enough to tell me.

I was a deputy and we had fleet vehicles. I was leaving for work one morning about 0300. As I was driving down the road I looked to the right and there was a cat about 6" from my face looking at me. Damn near put the car in a ditch.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post