SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Fed ex and post office doing their best not to deliver
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fed ex and post office doing their best not to deliver Login/Join 
posted
Fed ex next day air. Just click it delivery attempted at end of shift and do not even try to deliver. Had to argue with fed ex customer service. I have a drive way alarm, no fed ex delivery was attempted. I was in the main room waiting for it all afternoon. 3pm i get the email. Post office closed at 1120 am till 1 pm. Sign says 1130 till 1. I really hate the post office.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sat up at my mail box for the last hour. As the tracking info by the usps says it was out for delivery.

Dipshit lady drives up flops open box and puts in flier. No package. No delivery attempted.

Fucking lazy ass mail people.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Maybe they just hate you. I deliver to everyone, though one of my customers has to walk to the end of their driveway. I refuse to deliver to their door after their pack of chihuahuas bit me a bunch of times on my first time delivering there.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a wide variation in postal employees. We had one carrier at the office for years. I helped her out with some small things over the years. She was transferred and things went rapidly downhill. Mail from other businesses, no mail on Friday because other offices in the complex were closed, and a surly attitude. Sometimes you get dipshits for carriers. Trying to develop a relationship with your carrier helps, unless they are Dipshits as you say.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well i owe the post office lady an appology. She simply drove the rest of her route on that side of the road, the hit out lanes package delivery when she came back down on that side of the road. Seems rather backasswards, but hey. I got my re-cored form 1 can

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
If you're on a two-lane road, whether it's legal or not to make left turns, it's often easier to wait to deliver packages opposite the mail box until you're driving back down the street on the side the houses are. I used to deliver mail on a road that was like that--heavily traveled, dips and rises in the road making it difficult to see ahead for traffic, and 90 degree corners where you didn't know if someone was coming. Of course, why your carrier put a "sorry we missed you" slip in your box before actually making the delivery to you, I dunno.

As for your FedEx issue, there's a reasonable explanation, actually. FedEx drivers deliver to a greater area than postal carriers. In my town, there are 18 mail routes but FedEx uses only five trucks for that same area. Postal carriers deliver to approximately 500 homes per route. A FedEx driver delivers in an area with about 2000 homes and businesses. If a package slips behind a seat or drops down behind a bunch of other packages in the back of the truck, the driver will attempt to look for it but can only take so much time before moving on. By the time that package is found, they could be miles away.
--If it's a Ground/Home Delivery package, the truck could literally be all the way across town from you. If the driver is lazy, they'll just code it attempted or unable to complete delivery due to road hazard, weather, or some such. If the driver isn't lazy, they would have gone back to deliver it.
--If it's Express, there's a greater chance that the truck could return to your area. Express has blocks of time in which they have to deliver packages, so they criss-cross back and forth over the same area in order to deliver their packages in the time slot requested by the shipper or recipient. But time is tight, so they may code your package because it's simply not possible to reattempt delivery to you.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post