SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    TDS hits close to home.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TDS hits close to home. Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Brother has TDS, he's become a Rino, so he's not voting, guess that's better than pulling Bidens Lever.... Never would have thought it, even my 83 year old dad says "he's gone, let it go" which I have....

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Brother has TDS, he's become a Rino, so he's not voting, guess that's better than pulling Bidens Lever.... Never would have thought it, even my 83 year old dad says "he's gone, let it go" which I have....

You're lucky, my brother is a full-on Trump hating lefty. We've never talked politics, we're not estranged by any means but he's in Commiefornia and I'm in Texas so we don't see each other much. The good news is my parents are conservative, and my in-laws are really conservative so we've got him out voted by a few.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Once again, people like Springsteen are saying they’ll leave if the President is re-elected. I’ll put your family member among them. They never leave. Never.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd LOVE to sit down with this person and get some honest answers

Are you crazy? Your head would explode Eek

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
quote:
I'd LOVE to sit down with this person and get some honest answers

Are you crazy? Your head would explode Eek

No shit. Without going into too much detail, the "person" I've been referring to is one of my kids. Logic and Good Decisions are not part of her repertoire.

She called last night for a chat and as is usually the case in such situations, we just avoided the whole subject. Keep The Peace, Pick Your Battles, etc. Roll Eyes

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She may be in that in-between phase that Winston Churchill wrote about hearts and brains when it comes to Liberalism. Hopefully time and experience will help her understand and see these things clearly.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
She may be in that in-between phase that Winston Churchill wrote about hearts and brains when it comes to Liberalism. Hopefully time and experience will help her understand and see these things clearly.

She's 55. If she hasn't seen the light by now...

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
No reason to have the discussions, it's better or you'll end up being dissociated with your kin folk. Not that it's at all a bad thing, still, religion and politics, conversations best kept off the table at dinner...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Disregard earlier post by me, didn't know it was THAT close to home.

Apologies.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only time they really leave is when the country asks something of them, AKA the draft.

Posts: 69 | Location: Northeast, OH | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Disregard earlier post by me, didn't know it was THAT close to home.

Apologies.

No worries. You didn't say anything that hadn't already crossed my mind. Eek

Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
send them some links to houses for sale in Canaduh

Make sure they are in and around the Toronto Metropolitan area. You can get a quaint two bedroom 1 bath for around 800k.

My grannies old house recently sold again for 1.2 mil. She bought it in '62 for 30k.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
One of my golf buddies, a retired doctor, has two sons and a daughter. I didn't know he had a daughter for the first twenty years I knew him.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
What is taking this family member of yours so long? It's been 3 years and 11 months already.

All talk and no action - long history of that.

send them some links to houses for sale in Canaduh

We don’t want more commies here. God knows we have more than our share.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post