SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Best Buy rant again.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Buy rant again. Login/Join 
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I take out my phone, call the store and say 'I need assistance at the (name) department, please send someone. Thank you'. Works like a charm.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
If just browsing and I don't want or need any help I get constantly bombarded with offers of assistance from multiple employees... but if I actually need some help they seem to scatter like cockroaches. Roll Eyes

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4125 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I take out my phone, call the store and say 'I need assistance at the (name) department, please send someone. Thank you'. Works like a charm.

^^^^^^^^
REALLY? After hearing the menu of selections. That takes a good five minutes after you have heard lots of useless information. ALL the stores have someone at the register.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

^^^^^^^^
REALLY? After hearing the menu of selections. That takes a good five minutes after you have heard lots of useless information. ALL the stores have someone at the register.

REALLY

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
if i want or need help i'll look for it. as much as i would like to see stores employ a multitude of people to service everyone instantly it's not going to happen. i'm not that special. if i don't feel i'm being treated appropriately i have no problem taking my business elsewhere.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
When I don't need assistance, a different sales person will appear every few minutes and ask if I need help.

When I do need assistance, there's not a sales person in the store. My questions could be answered quicker by posting on SIGforum.

Posts: 4817 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Did you, at any point, actually talk to anyone and ask for help?

Can't just stand there waiting for someone to come back to you if you didn't actually interact with him.

No I did not. But it was pretty obvious to at least two sales associates that I was standing in that department, you would think that they would come over there to see if I needed help or if I was trying to shoplift something.

I've worked retail in car dealership and motorcycle parts departments, worked at a book store one holiday season and on and off in a gun shop presently. First rule of retail is to acknowledge as soon as possible.

I should know better than to go in that store and expect anything different. Since '07 they have lost sales to me and family members of at least two laptops, a couple printers, one TV, the replacement car audio and yesterday's CB radio, the antenna and probably that Bluetooth upgrade. I had some questions about the Bluetooth, if they had been answered I would have bought it.Like I said earlier, Quadratec got the CB sale, an Ebay seller got the antenna sale and I'll just keep looking for a Uconnect setup until I give up and buy one from the Jeep dealer.

The

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8096 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:

I tried that the other day at a big box store, it didn't work and I left.

Posts: 12458 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post