SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Enough with the “ED” commercials.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough with the “ED” commercials. Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MMSIG229:
Try explaining these things to a 9 year old.

We don’t have cable, so that helps a bit. But that doesn’t help with radio ads in the car. I’ve just been changing the station, but that isn’t going to work forever.

Oh, and those Manscaped commercials are the worst. I started getting surprised with those on YouTube several months ago. One minute, I’ll be sitting there with my six year old son watching a video about Star Wars stuff, and then out of nowhere, there’s some bimbo with her tits showing through a thin cotton tank top stroking a fucking axe handle, blathering some shit about shaving your balls while I’m frantically trying to close the window. Thankfully, so far, he hasn’t asked any questions.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
He will. Just answer them in a matter of fact way, and move on. No big deal. Children find the details of sex and similar topics boring or disgusting. Making a big deal of it causes problems, and just increases interest.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
Also, their priorities are completely misaligned. If I have an erection lasting more than four hours, I'm calling friends to brag BEFORE I go the emergency room.

I'm having it bronzed.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Must be a regional thing. It's been a long time since I've seen an ED commercial.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
Everywhere, billboards, radio, TV, the internet, you name it, somebody has to inundate my family with their “woes” and their snake oil cure. For each and every person who runs or acts in an ED commercial I wish you this: “May the fleas of a thousand hairy camels infest your nether regions!”

Got a rise out of you, eh?

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
He will. Just answer them in a matter of fact way, and move on. No big deal. Children find the details of sex and similar topics boring or disgusting. Making a big deal of it causes problems, and just increases interest.

I must be old school. I'm not a prude, or ignorant of the fact that kids will ask questions. I guess my concern is why do we rush children into learning about adult things at such an early age?? What happened to their childhood?? Things have to be so sexualized, I guess we don't have to be amazed when kids are having sex in the stairwells in middle school and having to install day care in the high schools. I'm not convinced that this is beneficial.

Posts: 660 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
I was merely offering a suggestion as to how to handle the situation. Kids are exposed to sexuality in many ways, not just TV commercials. I was not suggesting that this was a healthy practice.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
My brothers Name is ED, they call him E D at work and are relentless they just keep it up.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post