SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Oil Pressure Low, Engine Overtemp, Service AdvanceTrac, Starting System Fault.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oil Pressure Low, Engine Overtemp, Service AdvanceTrac, Starting System Fault. Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted
In other words, we won't be camping at Fort Desoto for the next 6 nights. Sumabitch!

Batteries are 2 months old. Oil level is fine. I'm guessing some sort of sensor failure. I backed my boat up, got out, unhitched, got back in and saw the first three messages. I turned the engine off, let it sit ten minutes, tried to restart it and the fourth message added itself to the list.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biggest concern is oil temp low. Low oil can lead to high temp. You're seeing high temp. Confirms the low oil.

With the oil level checked, clearly the level isn't the problem, but pressure may be. That could be a failed pressure relief, blocked oil pressure galley (pressure could be high or low), etc.

Other faults could point to a computer problem.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Since all of the faults happened at exactly the same time, I'm going with none of them are real and some sort of wiring problem is at fault.

Now spoiler alert! TLDR, I googled it, unplugged/plugged some connectors, started it, drove around for an hour, and the trip is back on.

I googled it and found others had the same problem and fiddling with the wiring harness near the parking brake fixed it. So I drove back over to my truck, tried to start it and it didn't. Then I looked under the dash and found a box with an exclamation mark in the middle of an orange triangle on it. The box had an orange connector and brown connector. After much deliberation, I disconnected both, no explosions followed so I tried to start the truck and it started. All the warnings were still there and now the check engine light was on. I unplugged and plugged them again and the messages went away. Check engine light was still on, but when I read the codes, it looked to be related to having unplugged the connectors and starting the truck. I cleared the codes, drove around for an hour and everything seems fine.

The connectors are near the parking brake and may have been kicked while setting the parking brake as I unhitched my boat.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post