SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Poorly designed websites
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poorly designed websites Login/Join 
posted
Don’t like sites where the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing. Today’s example is powdervalley’s. Check a powder and it might say “5 in stock.” Try and put one in your cart and msg appears “can’t add to cart because product is out of stock.” No problem, someone could have beaten me to the punch. Refresh site, go back and check the powder I just attempted to order and it still says “5 left in stock.” And will continue to say that for quite some time.

Must be really tough to write code that can update quantities in near real-time between webpages. Or at least run the website on something a little faster than an IBM XT! Irritating.

Posts: 1178 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Speaking as someone who made a living and a great retirement from doing Electronic Design and programming what I designed, I've seen an awful lot of incompetent programmers in the world.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post