SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Bias censorship on a local news website
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bias censorship on a local news website Login/Join 
posted
We have a local news station, that also has a pretty good website. It's so popular, a majority of Utahans buy sell and trade stuff on it.

Unfortunately for me, at least one of their censors regularly deletes my comments.

The only motive I can fathom is that he or she doesn't agree with some, about half, of my views. I don't swear or threaten anybody/anything.

It's kind of obvious this is a church-run, anti 2A outfit. The comments they allow give it away. I don't really care what their theological bent is, as long as they're fair.

Other than that, it's a pretty good news venue.

Posts: 195 | Location: Smithfield, Utah | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you contact them and ask? Can you post a comment asking?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
Can you contact them and ask? Can you post a comment asking?

I haven't tried, yet. They actually have an area where you can examine how many posts you've had and the number of approved and rejected posts. I never really looked too deeply into their "Contact us" menu, until you asked the question.

I'll probably give it a go, after formulating my question to reflect that I haven't violated any of their policies.

Posts: 195 | Location: Smithfield, Utah | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
KSL.com? I've not visited their site since they dropped the guns for sale section. I haven't watched their TV station since then either. I thought I might have a problem with Sunday Night Football but the NFL take a knee settled that issue for me.

Posts: 7524 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post