SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    It’s the “Queen of the Night’s” Aria! She’s a villain!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It’s the “Queen of the Night’s” Aria! She’s a villain! Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted
They are using this to sell a Volvo SUV.
Yes, the aria is spectacular.
But the last words are “Du Bist meine Tochter nimmermehr!”—“You will be my daughter never more.” [If you don’t kill the good Sarastro.]
Argghh!

quote:
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen" ("Hell's vengeance boils in my heart"), commonly abbreviated "Der Hölle Rache", is an aria sung by the Queen of the Night, a coloratura soprano part, in the second act of Mozart's opera The Magic Flute (Die Zauberflöte). It depicts a fit of vengeful rage in which the Queen of the Night places a knife into the hand of her daughter Pamina and exhorts her to assassinate Sarastro, the Queen's rival, else she will disown and curse Pamina.

"Der Hölle Rache" is one of the most famous of all opera arias, memorable, fast paced and menacingly grandiose. This rage aria is often referred to as the "Queen of the Night's Aria", although the Queen sings another distinguished aria earlier in the opera, "O zittre nicht, mein lieber Sohn".

Link

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Connecting the aria with what is essentially a box on wheels strikes me as a bit stupid. But then a lot of car/truck commercials are not aimed at the IQ of prospective buyers so I suppose it's no bfd.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post