SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Just look it up!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just look it up! Login/Join 
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted
It really grinds my gears when someone in an online community asks a question about a major event that is super easy to find. Someone posted a picture about the Oso landslide here in Washington. Someone from the group, who lives in Washington, asked “what’s the Oso slide”? He went online to ask a question that would be answered in .0451 seconds but chose to look like a lazy ass, and I’m the asshole who called him out on it.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom229:
It really grinds my gears when someone in an online community asks a question about a major event that is super easy to find. Someone posted a picture about the Oso landslide here in Washington. Someone from the group, who lives in Washington, asked “what’s the Oso slide”? He went online to ask a question that would be answered in .0451 seconds but chose to look like a lazy ass, and I’m the asshole who called him out on it.

Try this. Arrgh I can't get the link to work. Google "let me google that for you" and have a little fun with it. Or go to Let Me Google That For You Enter Oso Landslide when you get there.

Then you can send that person a link. Big Grin. The link you send should read Let Me Google That For You (you lazy bastard or whatever words you choose)

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get this at work a lot with statutory law questions.

If only there was a book with all the laws.

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
I'm part of a local group on the Facebook, just general goings on in town, road closures, suspicious people cruising neighborhoods, school fundraisers, things of that nature.

Right now, there's a fire at a senior living facility, so the feed is filled with alternating "What's going on off Meridian with all the firetrucks!?" to "Watch out, there's a fire at the senior living facility off Meridian!"

Never mind Googling something, just shift your eyes an inch!

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
In Auburn? I was watching Air4 and Chopper 7 on my scopes.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
quote:

Try this. Arrgh I can't get the link to work. Google "let me google that for you" and have a little fun with it. Or go to Let Me Google That For You Enter Oso Landslide when you get there.

Then you can send that person a link. Big Grin. The link you send should read Let Me Google That For You (you lazy bastard or whatever words you choose)

I love using let me google that for you!

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's Milton.

quote:

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:

It's Milton.

They took his red stapler again? Well, he did say he'd burn the place down.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
quote:

It's Milton.
Oh that’s right, you are right across the valley. Well there was a huge fire in Auburn.

posted Hide Post
In fairness, if you ask a group (like this) what is happening, you're more likely to get the truth, rather than have smoke blown up your ass by a quote from NBC.

Statute law, though? I'd rather misinterpret it myself from the source.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
in case anyone else is curious, here's the link to the Oso Mudslide wiki page, since I had to look it up myself...

Razz

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
in case anyone else is curious, here's the link to the Oso Mudslide wiki page

What's the Oso Mudslide?

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
in case anyone else is curious, here's the link to the Oso Mudslide wiki page

What's the Oso Mudslide?

I heard its a fruity cocktail drink in Cali

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
To be fair. y'all ain't from 'round here, so it's okay for you to be confused as to what an Oso Mudslide is. But, apparently the dudebro in the OP is from 'round here, so he ought to know of it. It was kind of a big deal for a minute.

quote: