SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Bad weather drivers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bad weather drivers Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

The ones that used to gripe me were on Rockville Pike, on a nice snowy and icy day, the road just partly cleared. Driving along, you can see them two blocks away waiting to enter RP from a shopping center driveway. And they wait (no other cars in sight), and wait, and wait, until you are about 50 ft from them, then pull out. Mad

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
My pickup truck is black. I drive with my parks on all the time. The thread title could simply be “Bad Drivers.” Driving conditions were good yesterday, but we got home after dark. There were two vehicles on the highway near us without lights on. So very important not to be distracted—by anything, when driving. You have to stay alert all the time, because there are a shit ton of bad drivers out there.

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
My pickup truck is black. I drive with my parks on all the time. The thread title could simply be “Bad Drivers.” Driving conditions were good yesterday, but we got home after dark. There were two vehicles on the highway near us without lights on. So very important not to be distracted—by anything, when driving. You have to stay alert all the time, because there are a shit ton of bad drivers out there.
One of my favorites (?) is driving along at the speed limit on the interstate at night, and coming up fast behind a dark colored trailer that is traveling well below the speed limit and has no rear lights.

Somehow, I can pretty well count on this happening just about every time I come home from Daytona to the Orlando area at night.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
We had our first snow of the new year yesterday. Started about 5pm, and by 6pm someone in our neighborhood plan had gone off the road, and took out the stop sign at our front entrance. I believe we had maybe 1/2" of accumulation by then.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perfection is impossible,
Trying is not…
posted Hide Post
Florida has a law, wipers on, headlights on. Unfortunately I live in Oklahoma...

"Isn't it weird that in AMERICA, our flag & our culture offend so many people - but our benefits do not"

Posts: 516 | Location: OKC | Registered: October 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I drove in to town yesterday PM for my workout. Rt. 234N, speed limit 55. I am in the right lane, doing 55. Cars screaming past me on very wet roads. Raining.

Intervals between the great majority of cars 10-30 feet.

Many of them without lights on. I always leave plenty of room between my car and the one ahead of me. Do not want to end up in the middle of a chain reaction pile up, and it is coming.

Not to mention the spot where another 55mph on-ramp swings down onto 234 with no damned yield signs, and virtually no merge room. VA traffic control at it best, I guess.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post