SIGforum
SF the city

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/4620035924

September 03, 2017, 08:53 AM
flesheatingvirus
SF the city
Good restaurants. That was about it for me.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
September 03, 2017, 10:02 AM
henryaz

My one visit to the area (early 1990's) did not include SF, because it rained the whole time. My wife's older sister is one of the last of the original Berkeley hippie/rebels, and she and her husband live in the hills of Berkeley. Wonderful view of the bay area, but that's as close as I got to SF. One nice thing about the visit was an after hours tour of the Lawrence Berkeley Lab electron microscopy department. BIL is head of that department.

September 03, 2017, 11:11 AM
villageidiot
I was stationed north of SF in 1980 I hated the place then I guess I am just a hater...VI
September 09, 2017, 08:57 AM
FRANKT
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
There were some really cool things about San Francisco back then

Seems most people love california (40 years ago).

Yup, I did in 1973 +/- 3 months. Apartment in Oakland and made the drive out to Treasure Island each day. It was an absolutely spectacular drive...Golden Gate Bridge enshrouded by fog, beautiful weather, etc. Frequent visits to Fishermen's Wharf, Chinatown, Buena Vista Irish coffees. It was a fun and unusual city. Better Chinese food up in Richmond but still had a few good meals in SF. Landlord belonged to the Playboy Club.

Today? Wouldn't live there on a dare. Too damned bad what's happened there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan
September 12, 2017, 09:13 AM
Bulldog7972
SF is my favorite town. To visit. But I wouldn't live there.
September 12, 2017, 01:57 PM
ugeesta
I just love the smell of urine while walking down the sidewalk to find lunch.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.
September 18, 2017, 10:22 PM
AZSigs
I have to agree, but damn Nob Hill is a nice area and where I usually like to stay.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor