SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Stop leaving guns behind!!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stop leaving guns behind!!!! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
We are watching Shooter. At times the characters bring nothing more than pistols. They kill 4+ guys with rifles and they leave the rifles!
They would do the same in Homeland. Quit leaving superior firepower behind.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Part of the reason why I quit watching The Walking Dead after the Season 1 finale is the group leaving the CDC and bypassing all the rifles, pistols, ammo, and other supplies like fuel laying around in the street.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought this was about real life stuff. It is actually a complaint about television programs. OK

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, you can find countless Western films and TV shows where some cowboy sells or gives someone his horse, but he doesn't sell/give just the horse. He leaves his saddle and bridal on the horse. He leaves his saddle bags with any gear that may be in them. He leaves his rifle scabbard on the saddle and leaves his Winchester rifle in the scabbard. Very generous, these cowboys.

How 'bout the ends of action films, where the bad guy gets shot and everyone, police included, just turn and walk away, leaving the corpse and its firepower lying in the street?

There's lots of nonsensical stuff like that in films.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
I love watching old cowboy movies. But, when the cowboy runs out of bullets in his handgun, and just drops it, or throws it at the bad guy, instead of reloading, well, that's just plain dumb!

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arty:
I love watching old cowboy movies. But, when the cowboy runs out of bullets in his handgun, and just drops it, or throws it at the bad guy, instead of reloading, well, that's just plain dumb!

I never saw a cowboy movie that the shooter EVER ran out of bullets

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1110 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^ Big Grin

My pet peeve is when they rack a gun that already has one in the chamber (or at least should have one).

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Well then Skins, you’d better never watch anything with a gun. Every gun will be racked, or even worse, you will hear a cocking noise from every pistol, including striker-fired ones. These sounds are automatically added in post production it seems.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
what always griped the heck out of me was the guy walking across the desert and he gets the last drop out of his canteen and so what does he do? Of course throw the canteen away and keep on walking... they never show the guy then coming over a hill and finding water and having nothing to put some in....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
My pet peeve is when they rack a gun....

Multiple times. Roll Eyes

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
quote:
My pet peeve is when they rack a gun....

Multiple times. Roll Eyes

That means they're really serious.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently watched Den of Thieves. There is a "final showdown" Bad Guys Vs Cops which takes place during a (fittingly, its LA) traffic jam.
Gerard Butler has a SCAR. He dumps it.
The main bad guy at one point has a SAW and turns it on the whole traffic jam, including the cops. He dumps it too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like the second John Wick, he placed all these different guns around, and I am thinking, why not just keep the AR and carry extra mags?

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southflorida-law:
Like the second John Wick, he placed all these different guns around, and I am thinking, why not just keep the AR and carry extra mags?

Redundancy. Everyone knows AR's are unreliable. Wink

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
My pet peeve is when they rack a gun that already has one in the chamber (or at least should have one).
How out the hammer cocking sound... with Glocks. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Well because he wanted something for the end of the night, something big, bold.....

Posts: 23240 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I recently watched Den of Thieves. There is a "final showdown" Bad Guys Vs Cops which takes place during a (fittingly, its LA) traffic jam.
Gerard Butler has a SCAR. He dumps it.
The main bad guy at one point has a SAW and turns it on the whole traffic jam, including the cops. He dumps it too.

Butler's character, O'Brien, has one reload, I think. After that, he's got nothing but one of his guys goes down. I would expect him to be able to swap mags from the downed officer's rifle. So him throwing away the SCAR was dumb.

Shreiber's character, Merrimen, has no reloads and nobody else is carrying ammo for the gun so why shouldn't he dump it, especially in a foot chase?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I recently watched Den of Thieves. There is a "final showdown" Bad Guys Vs Cops which takes place during a (fittingly, its LA) traffic jam. Gerard Butler has a SCAR. He dumps it. The main bad guy at one point has a SAW and turns it on the whole traffic jam, including the cops. He dumps it too.

Butler's character, O'Brien, has one reload, I think. After that, he's got nothing but one of his guys goes down. I would expect him to be able to swap mags from the downed officer's rifle. So him throwing away the SCAR was dumb.

Shreiber's character, Merrimen, has no reloads and nobody else is carrying ammo for the gun so why shouldn't he dump it, especially in a foot chase?

That's a pretty good movie, but pretty much just a modern take of "HEAT".

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
OR the good guys armed with handguns take out the first 2 of about 10 bad guys carrying assault rifles. Do they take the assault rifles with them? OH NO! They continue to go after the rest of the bad guys with their hand guns.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1856 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The last Shaft remake with Samuel Jackson, shaft's son doesn't know what to do with a couple of handguns taken off the bad guy, and tosses them out a window. When shaft asks where the pistols are, the kid admits he tossed them. Shaft let's loose on his son. "Don't you know there are kids around here?"

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post