SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Today apparently the Universe's day to kick me in the nuts.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today apparently the Universe's day to kick me in the nuts. Login/Join 
The Constable
posted
Get up this morning to head to Services and the funeral for an old friend from my old Natl Guard Aviation Unit. So depressed already.

I decide to take the new Camaro , as driving it is a bit of a treat and it always makes me happy. Uncover it in the garage, get in and...Dead mouse STENCH. I do a quick look around not under the seat, etc.

Once I got home...Later investigation revealed; Little fucker got in through the cabin air filter vent, built a nest there, then had the bad manners to then DIE someplace in my blower fan. So we have THAT to deal with.

On the way to the services...get a call and my 91 year old Mom fell this morning and broke her arm. Luckily did not hit her head,brake a hip, or anything WORSE.

So have THAT to deal with now. She is in NJ...I am in Montana!

What a fucking day!

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry to hear about your bad luck, especially the loss of your friend and your Mom’s injury. All I can say is it will improve. Hang in there my friend.

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your suckie day. But all in all your day was better than your Mom or the mouse had.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that stinks.
Bad enough with the car, but mom too?

Have not driven the car I store all winter yet, hope it is not the same as yours.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cheer up. You're in Montana. Doesn't get much better'n that.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel for you and hope all end up well. Since misery loves company ....

Last Sunday, since my Dad is the hospital (recoving now) was going to take Mom out for a light dinner. I said we will take my BMW X5. This way she could use it wh3n I travel. Her car broken a couple weeks ago. So it is park on the driveway and needs to pull up a couple of feet to then back out.

Somehow she missed putting it in reverse (automatic) and we end up going straight into the closed grarage door, ending up three quarters in. Two things happened. The track from the garage door opener came down and then through the windshield. Luckily it came right between us. The gas cans for the snowblowers spilled on the floor but no spark ignited it.

The shelves fell and where dumped on my two week old Porsche Argh.

To continue the story... Coming out of church parking lot today my Mom was hit by a FJ Crusier.

So three cars are at the body shop.

Posts: 186 | Location: The Lovely State of Illinois | Registered: November 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oops deleted the rest went I posted.

I hope your family recovers and the universe finds some new and different nuts to kick.

Will keep you in my prayers.

Posts: 186 | Location: The Lovely State of Illinois | Registered: November 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jamess1:
Oops deleted the rest went I posted.

I hope your family recovers and the universe finds some new and different nuts to kick.

Will keep you in my prayers.

Oh Man! Your story is worse than mine! Good Luck to both of us.

In a better mood today. Things will work themselves out...they always do.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jamess1:
I feel for you and hope all end up well. Since misery loves company ....

Last Sunday, since my Dad is the hospital (recoving now) was going to take Mom out for a light dinner. I said we will take my BMW X5. This way she could use it wh3n I travel. Her car broken a couple weeks ago. So it is park on the driveway and needs to pull up a couple of feet to then back out.

Somehow she missed putting it in reverse (automatic) and we end up going straight into the closed grarage door, ending up three quarters in. Two things happened. The track from the garage door opener came down and then through the windshield. Luckily it came right between us. The gas cans for the snowblowers spilled on the floor but no spark ignited it.

The shelves fell and where dumped on my two week old Porsche Argh.

To continue the story... Coming out of church parking lot today my Mom was hit by a FJ Crusier.

So three cars are at the body shop.

Wow. That’s so bad, it borders on comical. Hope you’re made whole very soon.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
Jeez. I guess my day wasn't so bad after all.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your day. I am in Union County, NJ if you need a hand with anything.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whododat:
Sorry to hear about your day. I am in Union County, NJ if you need a hand with anything.

My Ex Wife is there with her now and my Daughter...taking shifts with her. I was scheduled to fly there on June 4th for a visit anyway.

Probably sending the Wife out later this week to take over until I get there. So we have it handled.

My Mom is ninety one...outlived all the rest of her Siblings. I'm in the same boat as a few million other "baby boomers".

FN