SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The Best Available Wedding Dress, Size 2 or Size 0
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Best Available Wedding Dress, Size 2 or Size 0 Login/Join 
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted
The possible future Mrs mr kablammo is from Taiwan and a petite 4' 2". She is looking for wedding dresses in the petite sizes. Dang, are there no other petite ladies in Texas? Macy's had a nice white dress and NO size 2 in the whole state.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Everything's bigger in Texas...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
My friend (also lives in North Houston) is size 0 or 2 depending on manufacturer, and she got married 2 years ago. She bought a designer dress which is a different size range, and her Mom about came unglued when the snooty wedding dress saleswoman said she couldn't gain any more weight or she'd be too big for the designer dresses. My friend is so thin I always have the urge to give her a sandwich, and hearing that made me mad.

As far as the OP, I don't know costs of anything but the designer route may be an option as they cater to very petite.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Am I reading this right, 4'2"? 5'2" is petite. 4'2" is child-size. That's not a knock against your fiancee, just that the reality of the situation is no dressmaker designs dresses for women under say 4'10".

If I wore a size 18 shoe, it wouldn't be fair for me to knock manufacturers for not making off-the-shelf shoes in my size.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Good catch, Iron Chef. She told me that height. I asked her again and she is 153 cm; that is 5'. She is also looking at prom dresses. But I think we will have a better chance at David's Bridal.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Designer wedding dresses will all have to be tailored in. Budget in tailoring, which will probably run many hundreds of dollars. But yes, you'll want to start with a dress that is close to the correct size.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
let me do some checking

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
The possible future Mrs mr kablammo...

...She is looking for wedding dresses...

Usually you have it figured out if she's the future Mrs before she starts looking at dresses...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least he didn't say the possible future EX Mrs!

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Puckpilot78:
Well anyone who is considering getting married should know that is very possible, like coin toss likely. Wink

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I guess it all depends on whether a dress that fits is actually found.

Posts: 3370 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
After much driving, toing-and-froing for three days, visiting and re-visiting various stores, the dress has been purchased. The service at David's Bridal can be described as either grudging or eager depending on the clerk. At least we found a dress and she looks di-no-mite! The dress, a db studio size 2, is too long. The price of the alteration, $100, was deemed excessive. The free solution is holding the dress during a short walk. The other necessities such as shoes, my suit, and such have been acquired.

A slug of rye would hit the spot but her father, I am learning, was a violent drunk. Extreme moderation is the now and future order of the day. Thanks for your comments. Rhino, I am merely cautious in making statements of future events.

Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
My wife had the same issue when we were married, she ended up getting fitted to a style and then having the dress made to her as there were no local shops with anything that could be altered to her size (5'1", size 0 or 00).
Luckily she had time to order and wait. If we were rushed, she would have a very difficult time getting hers.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
The possible future Mrs mr kablammo...

...She is looking for wedding dresses...
Usually you have it figured out if she's the future Mrs before she starts looking at dresses...
Prospective post: Pictures or it didn't happen. Smile

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
If you're in Texas I suspect quinceañera dresses may be a thing. Some of them are similar to wedding dresses, and being for 15 year olds are made in smaller sizes.

https://madamebridal.com/quinceanera-dresses?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15696 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
We saw a cute young latina in her 'Q' dress. The price was $1,350. She looked more like a Disney princess than Cinderella.

For the pictures, I will have a try at posting. Photobucket wiped out our account and I do not have a host now.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by Puckpilot78:
Well anyone who is considering getting married should know that is very possible, like coin toss likely. Wink

The First Wife Kablammo

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12351 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't normally say this but we are north of DFW and my MIL is a beyond excellent tailor.....she has done it professionally for almost 40 years...

If your future misses finds something she likes but is not quite right let me know....email is in my profile and she can hook you up..gratis

She recently did all my suits as I have lost 25 pounds....wonderful, i did not realize the amount of work it takes.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
not even close,
in the thirty years she's been sewing, she's never even seen one.

this is the one time that social media might be able to help you out.

go find a 18 y.o. kid to put out a feeler on face book,

someone in San francisco has one that they will send you to use , if you pay for the postage , there and back

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
After much driving, toing-and-froing for three days, visiting and re-visiting various stores, the dress has been purchased. The service at David's Bridal can be described as either grudging or eager depending on the clerk. At least we found a dress and she looks di-no-mite! The dress, a db studio size 2, is too long. The price of the alteration, $100, was deemed excessive. The free solution is holding the dress during a short walk. The other necessities such as shoes, my suit, and such have been acquired.

A slug of rye would hit the spot but her father, I am learning, was a violent drunk. Extreme moderation is the now and future order of the day. Thanks for your comments. Rhino, I am merely cautious in making statements of future events.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I'm glad I never got to see the dresses before getting married, or deal with the purchasing of said stuff. That shit is for the ladies to figure out.

Men show up with some rings and a half drunk bottle of hootch in their back pocket.