SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    When it rains, it pours
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When it rains, it pours Login/Join 
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted
My wife's police department lost an officer Saturday night. Our good friend, who is an officer in the same department, accidentally killed him in pursuit of a shooting suspect. Last night was the bonfire at Officer Moreno's house.

Today our vet called to let us know our dog has cancer.

Great..... Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Phantom229,

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I cannot find words.

"I'm sorry." seems so hollow.

But you have my thoughts and prayers.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Tragic story. I’ve been following it.

Is your friend that accidentally hit Officer Moreno alright? Reports say he’s in critical condition.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. He broke his leg and has been upgraded to satisfactory and should be relseased tomorrow. Reports are that he broke his leg standing on the brake pedal trying to not run into his friend. Frown

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
And now my brother is in the hospital because his appendix is inflamed. They will take it out tomorrow. Hopefully this is the third and final bad thing to happen.

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Very tragic. So many lives affected by a car full of dumb kids.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Here is to wishing better luck to come your and your friends way Smile

Posts: 3722 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
Well.... Officer Moreno is still gone. Officer Williams is out of the hospital with broken leg and painful memories but is surrounded by those who love him the most. (It's a full house).

My dogs cancer was fully removed and we won't have to put her on chemo. We will watch to see if it comes back but we are out of the woods for now.

My brother got discharged from the hospital minus one appendix. He spent the night at the hospital with no complications.

Luckily for my wife, her planned vacation to the beach with her family has come at a good time.

Thank you guys for the thoughts and prayers.

Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Prayers man. Our local DPS went through this last fall. I knew both Troopers well. I pray I never have to go through that.

Sorry about the pup too.

God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently he thinks you’re a badass.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post