SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Carrie Underwood
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carrie Underwood Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I get it..she's a spoiled princess who is used to the world revolving around her, and she makes her living and entire self identity is around being hot. So to her vacuous mind and the similar minds around her who all live in this vacuous bubble of self absorbtion, wealth, and brutal condemnation of anyone who isn't a 10, this is a big deal. Like J-Lo running out of baby seal tears to bathe in, or Spago not having fresh Dodo eggs on the menu today.

Fuck them all. After her Beverly Hills plastic surgeons, personal makeup artist, and agent who will demand she only get filmed from the right side now... I'm sure poor Carrie will be just fine.

She will write a new song call "Scars are healing" or some such, and share her pain and journey through adversity with us all, and make a few more million.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I don't know what all the media fuss is about, BS is all it is. Pretty sure if she never sang again she is pretty well set - so no tears here from me.

As far a Before He Cheats, I always thought the song was pretty funny and could picture some crazy jilted chick doing that.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe she should ask Bocephus about overcoming an disfiguring accident. Life kicks us all in the balls now and then, we just get back to it without much fanfare. I can't name one of her songs but I can badly sing most all of Hank's.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
I doubt she really listens to Motorhead.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Watched that Bobby Bones video in HD last week. Looks like it split completely from her lip to her nose. I'd guess half those stitches were inside. Appearances aside, for a singer to get splayed open like that one would think it would be a bigger concern for the effect it would have on the pronunciation.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, guys, I don't get the hatred. I'm not a huge fan of her music, but I did split my face open from chin, across lips to the base of my nose.

Took 17 stitches to close the wound, and the pain was like nothing I have ever felt. Full of novacain, each time the needle went in, I came right off the gurney. The part of the face between the lips and mouth is full of nerves and is very sensitive.

After the stitches, I had numbness for 6 months or more, and the area was stiff for a couple of years. The scar is still clearly visible 15 years later.

This lady makes her living with her voice and her looks, and she is talented on both fronts.

I feel sorry for her that she had to go through such pain. When I read about things like this, I still get a tingle between my lips and nose.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
ArtieS is right. I had my face ripped off almost 3 years ago, it was rather annoying, and still annoys me today.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Who hates her?

How many people would trade places with her today? How many people would trade places with you today? You couldn't count the number of people who would trade places with her- scar and all- in a millisecond. And yet, she's so unfortunate and she is living a tragedy. GMAFB.

I don't hate her. I just think that the fawning attention and cloying copy are nauseating.

SevenPlusOne, how many times were you interviewed about your injury? How many news articles were published about your recovery? Did you have fan blogs and facebook pages created in your honor? Did Carrie Underwood email you personally?

My priorities are in order, that's all.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
AFAIK (it was a long time ago after all), Ann-Margret didn't carry on like this when she landed face-first from >20 feet up. She got fixed, recovered and went back to work. And still working at 76 years old.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
I only saw one article, but I only learned who Megan Markle was yesterday. I thought maybe the name was a joke, like the old laugh in thing with the Sparkle family. Of course, neither woman is common on gun forums or political blogs.

It was the Farkle family and they were all freckled gingers.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markstempski:
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
I only saw one article, but I only learned who Megan Markle was yesterday. I thought maybe the name was a joke, like the old laugh in thing with the Sparkle family. Of course, neither woman is common on gun forums or political blogs.

It was the Farkle family and they were all freckled gingers.

The Farkle Family" was a sketch in a comedy show, Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In, that aired on NBC from 1968 to 1973.

Frank Farkle, his wife, Fanny, and their kids: Sparkle (and her sometimes twin Charcoal) Farkle, twins Simon & Gar Farkle, Mark Farkle, Fritz, Flicker, and Fred Farkle.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
AFAIK (it was a long time ago after all), Ann-Margret didn't carry on like this when she landed face-first from >20 feet up. She got fixed, recovered and went back to work. And still working at 76 years old.

+1

Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
She sings,ok and the whole celebrity thing is lost on me, don't real care if cut her face her head why is it even newsworthy.

Posts: 2775 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
The most attention I've seen on her is right here in this thread otherwise I've barely heard about it. Confused

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought the accident was a made up story to explain absense from performing because of time needed for healing and recovering from elective facelift surgery.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
We need video of her walking slowly on a beach early in the morning, looking out into the vast ocean and contemplating why the Universe has punished her. Stick some of that catterwalling "new age" music on there as a sound track.

Barefoot, capri pants, cute little hat.

Seagulls! More seagulls, dammit!!

when they remake Unforgiven she can play the cut up whore

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with the OP I see it daily in the news. I have nothing against her but get tired of seeing article about her fall and the big reveal but it's the same with all celebrities as if we can't get by not knowing about every aspect of their lives. I cant believe they refer to Mehgan Markle as a film ICON Red Face

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Sometimes (maybe often) you need to separate the media's response to a celebrity from the actions of the celebrity themselves. The media will make much more of something than it deserves, and maybe what the celebrity would like, in order to whip up a frenzy and drive up viewership/consumption to drive ratings. I suspect that's what's happening here. I don't know how much Ms. Underwood is to blame here.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Sometimes (maybe often) you need to separate the media's response to a celebrity from the actions of the celebrity themselves. The media will make much more of something than it deserves, and maybe what the celebrity would like, in order to whip up a frenzy and drive up viewership/consumption to drive ratings. I suspect that's what's happening here. I don't know how much Ms. Underwood is to blame here.

Boy are you naive'.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post